buyer/seller feedback

My thoughts on it are to do it the same way as we do for sponsors. Positive reviews only. This way some one is not getting slammed and or shunned because some one is not happy with their purchase.

After working 20+ years in retail, appreciation is always nice to hear.

"GREAT customer service" "Friendly staff" "Courteous" etc...

I appreciated hearing it once in a while and I know some of our retailers would too. Just makes you feel better that your efforts didn't go unseen.

I would like to see a "PAT ON THE BACK" section come to pass as well.

I'm thinking... let me look into a couple options and see what's available. I have wanted to overhaul the buy and sell forums for a while now... just waiting for the time and the excuse to bury into it. Maybe you're on to something, here.

It would be nice to see "good stuff only". maybe rate it from OK -satisfactory-awesome-freakin' wow! Any unhappy stuff might be left between the buyer and the seller with anything totally unreasonable (non payment or not as advertised) to be dealt with by a third party. I personally don't want to see anyone torn to shreds on here over a purchase gone wrong. Those who get great ratings will build their reps that way. Any that don't get rated at all might lead you to question your own choice as to do or not do business with them. I also think the rating system should be voluntary.

As soon as you start the soakings, you'll get WW3. By chosing not to rate the person you still are letting others know you weren't happy about it. I see it on ebay where if you put something bad about the person they say something bad about you even if it is not deserved. It becomes nasty. I confess, I go through just to find the red ones to read the nasties. Even if there are 900 good ones and only 5 bad ones, the bad ones seem to outweigh the good. On a global and annonimous site like that who really cares. But AA is small and tight, going into nasty hurts everyone.

One of the reasons I stuck around was the friendly atmosphere around here. I think a rating system could damage that. I know there are people who would get upset at getting an 8 out of 10. I know I would wonder what I could have done to make that person happier.

It's very easy to give negative feedback,when dealing with livestock loads of problems can occur and it's always easy to point a finger at the seller.I've bought fish from people on this site and lost them real quick (could have been my fault I'm not sure )but I bought them because I was getting them at a large discount and know that with freshly imported fish there is a certain amount of risk. I would hate to see these people stop bringing in fish because their reputation is being tarnished by some negative feedback.Thankfully I've not dealt with anybody that I would have given negative feedback too,but sombody else with different expectations and experience could have roasted them.

Just an idea...

I don't know if this forum type supports it but there are some sites that give imaginary dollars/points for posts. You as a member can donate you dollars/points to other members for helping you out or finding stuff for you. Sorta like this site. (Not the best example as it is a Jennifer Lopez site but if you looks below the member name you will see what I mean)

http://www.jlo.net/forums/showthread.php?p=244398

If you like what you get from a seller give him $$$, if not "de nada".

Sellers with big bucks :D

Sellers with no bucks :cry:

No fights... no harsh words... no problems :thumbs: