Help moving a 180 gal tank

I'm trying to find some strong men to help me move a 180gal cichlid tank!! I'd do it myself but ya know!

I'm moving into my first owned home.....and have looked into hiring someone to do it, but it costs a small fortune. I am willing to supply the truck needed, and all the beer (after the tank is safely in the new home ;-) ) and pizza you can consume!!

I would also guess that we would need some glass suction cups as I'm guessing the tank weighs about 300lbs emply and it would be a little hard on the hands without it!

If you are available the weekend of April 13/14 or 15, please let me know...I would be most greatful!!

Jodaye

Sorry not coming up from Calgary but when I bought my 180 there were 4 of us and a pick up truck. Luckily we could back up to the back door of the pet store and drive up my lawn to the steps.

Last year we moved it from our front room out the front door, around the side of the house and down the back stairs to the basement (kind of slid it down the carpeted stairs.) Had 5 of us for outside and three down the stairs. Not fun but better than I thought. No suction cups either time.

Edited by punman

I'm moving it from the North East to the North West side of the city...all up about a 20 min drive....I'm moving into an appartment condo, ground floor so it shouldn't be too much hauling.....got a dolly, so that takes the whole Carrying it for long distanes out of the picture...thank goodness!!......but there are some stairs to get up getting it out of my basement suite...so I just think the suction cups would make life alot easier!!....2 guys moved in in here.....might take more to get it out!!

Still need helpers...experienced ones get extra beers!!

Jodaye

PS Strong gWomen Rock...I'm one myself and intend on doing what I can! Men are just nicer to watch sweat!! hehe!

Edited by Jods2518

I can come help.

No experience, but I don't need a lot of beer. I am very strong for a woman though.

:D

I live in the south end right by the University Hospital.

Edited by Terrie Lee

I think Nandopsis might have some. You would have to ask him. Otherwise try Home Depot.

OK I found suction cups...FYI there available at Edmonton Rent all 430-6860 for 10/ea per day!!

I've booked them for Sat april 14th...hoping to get this done that day!

Looking for some confirmed volunteers for that day!! Looking for 4 pple or so, would love to get this done quickly!! More hands make for less work and more time for beer and Pizza!!

So far I have:

Val

Terri Lee

please cocnfirm your availability and I'm still looking for a few others!!

Thanks,

Jodaye

I have done a 180 before with one other guy... it's not pretty, but we got it into the minivan and into the backyard for a scrubbing easy enough. I think I may have been suckered into coming back and getting it into the house, too... can't recall. The date/s you have are right smack in the middle of my 'days-on' so I am of no help, but if you're looking for extra suction cups, call Chris @ Aquarium Enthusiasts... and mention you're from AA. Someone else had the cups when we moved our tank... we did it bare-hand. That was the un-prettiest part.