heaters???

dirtydog

The heaters that say they are submersible are just that, I believe there is a question of certification when used in that manner in Canada. I tried to look it up under C.S.A. but got nothing specific. What can be confusing is that hob heaters have a line that marks maximum depth of the unit and others it is the minimum depth. I submerge my submersible heaters to the point where I can still make temp changes from the top.

Edited by HOSStile

The visitherm stealth is a fully submersible, high-quality heater. I like them; they're useful in sumps, and when you want the heater along the bottom of the tank so it stays less visible. They have a life-time warranty, as well.

Hey thanks I have 2 Elite heaters that are supposed to be fully submersable but they have a line on them that says " maximum water level" near the top. Just wondering whats up with that. So I haven't dunked them but I would like to.

I would not dunk them unless they were unplugged, and then I would watch to see if they take on water.

Hey thanks I have 2 Elite heaters that are supposed to be fully submersable but they have a line on them that says " maximum water level" near the top. Just wondering whats up with that. So I haven't dunked them but I would like to.

I would not dunk them unless they were unplugged, and then I would watch to see if they take on water.

Ty. If they do take on water is it possible to get said water out with out destroying the heater?

Ty. If they do take on water is it possible to get said water out with out destroying the heater?

Yes hang them upside down for a whileOnce the water emptys out they will have a little bit of vapor in them for a while. But usualy they will be ok.

I've been unlucky submersing AG heaters. AG has replaced them but I found the seal arround the top is weak. I have submersed my elite and tronics so far without a hitch. What I ran into was stray voltage, my fish were unhappy and sickly for no appearant reason. When I put my hand in the water with a small cut on my finger THEN I could feel it. Pulled the heater and replaced it. No problems with the fish since. I'm sure it's a compitent product, I just wont submerse it fully now (AG). Sue