Aquatic Memorial

Sounds better than RIP fishy! :D

Just wondered if that could be a new section on the forum. I notice alot of people do RIP post of fish that have passed on to the river in the sky. I figured some members lose fish that they have had for a while and it is a way to memorialize the life of an aquatic friend. Just an idea.

Thought of this today when I found one of my little finny buddies stuck to the intake. :cry:

Here is an example.

Gone but not forgotten..... Mr Poopee the pleco. :cry:

Oh how I miss you Mr Poopee,

How you used to stick to the glass with the little hangee thing in your mouth moving to show that yes, you were still alive.

I always admired the way you could convert algae and NLS wafers into the strongest, longest lasting, impeller clogging, lengths of poop I had ever seen. Actually, my boy when he was 2, had poops so big that I figured his bum took a half hour to close... I mean I wish I caught trout with that length and girth... anyway, back to Mr. Poopee.

And Mr Poopee was artistic with his feces, he would swim from plant to plant draping his brown garland of poo, sometimes creating intricate designs that would snag younger fish like a spider's web.

One time I swear my tank looked a sailing ship, except with no sails, but all the rigging.

Then one day the little hangee thing in Mr.Poopee's mouth stopped wriggling, the last 6 inches of poop hanging from his butt softly swaying in the current, I knew Mr. P was dead.

But even in death he was still a fighter, I opted for the usual burial at sea, and setting him forth from the upstairs bathroom, where I figured inertia would carry him out to the street sewer, plopped him in the bowel, saluted as was customary, and pushed the handle. Well the little bastard spun and twisted and refused to go quietly, he floated to the top with what appeared to be a grin on his face. Then I introduced him to Mr. Plunger.

:cry: :cry: Oh how I miss you Mr. Poopee :cry: :cry:

It is a sub folder in the "fish emergency" forum.

How does that look?

Edit: This may be temporary.

I just want to see if this is worth the space it uses?

Looks SEXY! Just kidding.

Fair enough on waiting to see how much space it uses. Hopefully no ones fish dies and we won't have to.

As a newbie to fish-keeping I find that I really like this addition to AA. Learning how experienced fish keepers can lose fish (sometimes very valued fish) makes my mistakes seem less stupid. (still pretty dumb sometimes)

I have not been very "lucky" since taking up this hobby. I have seen dropsy, ich, and possibly gill flukes. I have had fish beat the life out of another fish. I have accidentally released fry into the main tank acting on bad advice of a website. They were eaten within seconds.

Yet, somehow, I love this hobby. Reading the stories of the sad things that happen to everyone else's fish makes me think that sometimes things just happen. I will continue to try and learn everything about this hobby, prepare for any eventuality, but sometimes fish just die.

That makes me feel a little better about the little deaths that have occurred in my living room.

Thanks for sharing guys.