what interesting cats are out there

fishfanatic

Cory. panda

Cory. serbai

Ancistrus spp. (wild & domestic)

Pecoltia vittata (wild)

Hypancistrus sp. (L129) "Columbian Zebra Pleco"

Hoplosternum thoracatum

I have a bumblebee cat, Not sure what plecos are considered to be cats, so I will leave them out.

and I also have two Orange Tabby Cats. Injury is almost 10 now and Insult is about a year now

:)

Edited by FishBrain

I have a bumblebee cat, Not sure what plecos are considered to be cats, so I will leave them out.

and I also have two Orange Tabby Cats. Injury is almost 10 now and Insult is about a year now

I always wondered if you were a crazy cat man.

Kevin

I could be wrong , but I believe all plecos are cats. Sue

I have bronze cory cats. I love them!

I mato grosso pleco named Thurbur, one BN pleco named Willy and one gold nugget pleco named Gertie.

Probably very plain and ordinary, but I love them all.

I could be wrong , but I believe all plecos are cats. Sue

The name catfish is applied as a common name which can lead to some confusion amongst different species. The term catfish seems to be applied to fish with a general body form (e.g., inferior mouth, potential presence of barbels around the mouth, compressed body, etc.). The differences in body shape, environments, etc. results in a unique species falling into a different genus, family, etc. Corydora species are part of the Callichthydae family and plecos are part of the Loricarhdae family. They all can be referred to as catfish but obviously are not all related.

Cheers

oh by the way I have a pleco, ancistrus and an Aldofo

Edited by Morhua