Raffle/Reward/Contest

What would you like to see happen? Add why in a reply  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We should try to start up a little reward system or something? Like a photocontest or something like that. I've seen many boards do this. Seems to draw more attention, and in a local crowd like this, that could be great! Wake people up a little bit. Like a week or 2 ago, when I told people to guess the price of my 75 combo, closest gets 2 fry. 2 fry is a little weak yes, but people had some fun guessing, and Im actually fulfilling the reward of 2 fry to fatpuffer.

What are peoples opinions on trying to do something like this? With the amount of breeders I currently have and the amount I'm going to be getting by February, I could easily donate fry or left over equipment into something like this. I'll try to set up a poll.

Please be honest and tell me what you think of this idea!

Pro/cons/concern/etc

(By random raffle I mean take every member that replies in a specific thread, and enter them into a hat, then someone draws from the hat, and they are the winner. Being Alberta based this might get confusing, but you could always do a Calgary and Edmonton one. I also know people transfer back and forth all the time from Cal-Edm, so Im sure it would get their eventually. Plus, if they didn't want to, they could just pass it up and not enter their name into that thread. Or a winner who doesn't have time to get it in a given time period can nominate someone (Either they get it automatically, or lets say they get 3 more copies of the name thrown in the hat for getting nominated?, or just a complete redraw)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raffle is personally my favorite... with a contest like a photo contest... we all don't have wonderful cameras... so some may claim its bit biased to those with good cameras. I don't know how we could judge accomplishments... thats why we need people to leave REPLIES with their votes. 2 people have replied... yet 5 votes.

grrr

photo contests are fun, but not necessarily open to all members. Random raffles are fun too, but there is that whole random factor. I chose reward for accomplishments. That *could* be a photo, or perhaps an article, or even a remarkable bit of advice or DIY project plan. Perhaps winners could get a alberta aquatica email address too :P

I like the photo contest idea... not sure what all that entails in terms of work involved for admin or extra costs or whatever... but I like the idea.

p.s. Anyone know why my sig is not working? :well:

Edited by chloeclose

I like the photo contest idea... not sure what all that entails in terms of work involved for admin or extra costs or whatever... but I like the idea.

p.s. Anyone know why my sig is not working? 

The website you took it off seems to be down. It is directly linked right?

This is interesting. What does everyone else think?

I kind of like the photo contest idea myself as it promotes user participation.

I like the random draw idea for the same reasons as Johnsmith. I would have no hope of winning a photo contest lol

I also like the idea of the photot contest because I enjoy seeing all the beautiful photos a lot of you guys have.

There are also good contributions made by a lot of members here so that would be worthy of an award of some type.

I guess whatever is decided would be fine with me. I think it is a great idea.

I think we should do a cntesst most gallons of tanks per year of age you are :smokey:

naw photow contests would be good judged on the photo and the fish/ whatever in the photo.

or a convict breeding contest. next meeting/auction or whatnot we all get cnvicts and the first to breed winns :D