Raffle/Reward/Contest

What would you like to see happen? Add why in a reply  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol not nessicarily. i have hmm lets see 320

21 ha beat that and you halfto minust the tanks that are breeders/stockforsale

ok I get 20 points :lol:

I think we should do a cntesst most gallons of tanks per year of age you are :smokey:

Fishman (Dave) would win....his personal collection is a double garage devoted to racks of tanks, plus several in his house.

I think that I would work out to about 60 gallons per year.

Well, I have an idea:

Every month, someone could write a profile on a fish or an article about the hobby (store review, item review, experiences, etc). One piece per person clearly labeled for the contest. At the end of the month, we could make a poll for everyone who wrote an profile or article and have a vote. Winner picks up prize.

How does that sound?

OK, now it's getting interesting. I like Albert's idea, or at least something like it. One benefit of this would be a collection of great reference material for the site to catalogue and store for others to use. A possible problem may arise if all the articles, or even all the winning articles, are about the most popular type of fish. The moderators may have to limit each month's entries to a certain topic or topics.

wow hey fishman do you have any 180 gallons to sell?

yea I like albert's idea I can do that :baby:

and extra points if you include pics. only one thing though..... albert cant do golds chums cant do chums and well yea you cand do your own store

oh... well it was a good thought

I'am a fan of the accomplishment reward as my #1 and random draws #2 choices. Although i do like degrassi's Fish trivia, but i think we could do that just for fun.

The pic reward is a good idea but most members don't have the meens to get quality pics, if they can get any at all. So i would rule that out as a posibility.

For the reward contest there would have to be some sort of quide lines that would make you eligable.

(In no specific order)

1-Lots of QUALITY posts.

2-Breeding of fish w/ a article on water params and anything to do with inducing.(with proof)

3-Writing profiles.

4-Helping other members, Such as giving fish or equipment away free of charge to other members that need it.

I'am sure there are more i just can't think right now.

Also i don't know if we can do this every month do to LFS wanting to do this kind of promotion.

4-Helping other members, Such as giving fish or equipment away free of charge to other members that need it.

I'am sure there are more i just can't think right now.

but I cant do that I would trust me im throwing away 1000 bucks to go help little kids in costa rica and mexico but becuae of my lack of stuff and money that would be hard.

and also to the breeding. some of us dont have enough tank space or permission to get enough tank space for a good breeding setup im so desperate I am trying to breed my jewels in a divided part of my neotropical tank and it isnt going so good :(

I like the idea of writing articles but the reward system would be good for those members who are eliable for more than 1 on those topics :(

1-Lots of QUALITY posts.

2-Breeding of fish w/ a article on water params and anything to do with inducing.(with proof)

3-Writing profiles.

These guidelines would leave most new fish keepers completely out of the contest. Not new members, but new keepers. <_<