Raffle/Reward/Contest

What would you like to see happen? Add why in a reply  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did find a kickin killi calender but after many years of searching. At the same time having photos submitted for a calender contest would be cool Then choosing the top 12, whether it be a tank photo or fish photo. This way we could display AA's very best and show people what we are made of. Whether this should include a prize or not aside from a free calender to the 12 people who have photos in the calender would be a group decision. Of couse having just started the year it may be best to go from June to June 2006. All photos of fish would have to belong to the people who own them to advoid copyright barriers. I know if I could get a calender of Awesome quality fish from people I know or associate with, I would definitely buy one if I couldn't win one and put it right behind my Wet T-shirt calender so that I have a back-up when the ladies run out in December.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment may be stupid. It may already been addressed, if so i apologize in advance.

I just noticed that the poll shows that a random raffle received the highest vote. So why are we nominating members? What we have going now is great...no problem here. Its great to nominate who we think is the most helpful or deserving recognition.

just curious...not intended to hurt or upset anybody.

thanks...js

Well last month we tried a random draw but i recieved comments that the MOTM is exactly that, its a member that deserves recognition that month for something they did and it shouldnt' be given at random. SO this month we are trying a vote. A vote with nominations so that the most deserving person will get it.

BUt i'm still open to hearing people view on the subject.

• 1 month later...

ok, here is my suggestion:

if AA was able to accept Paypal or something similar, members could buy raffle tickets. Like one ticket for a buck or something. Then the mods could either get a donated prize or buy a prize from the previous months raffle money. Members could buy as many tickets as they wish.

Also I would suggest that for every sale in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum, sellers could donate 2% or something to AA (on the honor system), this money could be used for the raffle prize or whatever. Does it cost anything to keep AA on the net? Monies donated could also be used for that purpose.

Whaddya think?

Becky

Edited by Becky