My first try at a tank stand and canopy......

ryukin81

i built this this 25 gal tank stand for my gf which took over 6 months on and off because i didn't have a set plan. pretty much went with what i felt at the time. thought it would be cheap but was wrong. plus it weighs a ton. moving it around was a #%$^. finally finished painting it after last winter. i liked how it came out but if i had to put that much work into a stand again it would be for tank not smaller than a 4 footer.

post-1306-1196837609_thumb.jpg

post-1306-1196837617_thumb.jpg

post-1306-1196837630_thumb.jpg

post-1306-1196837636_thumb.jpg

post-1306-1196837641_thumb.jpg

Edited by ryukin81

i built this this 25 gal tank stand for my gf which took over 6 months on and off because i didn't have a set plan. pretty much went with what i felt at the time. thought it would be cheap but was wrong. plus it weighs a ton. moving it around was a #%$^. finally finished painting it after last winter. i liked how it came out but if i had to put that much work into a stand again it would be for tank not smaller than a 4 footer.

ok my pics not showing...............brb

Looks very nice.

VERY NICE!!....but you are right, it's alotta work. I personally ptrefer steel,(plus I have the skills & tools to work with steel:) as it takes up less space, and in most cases will be lighter than a wood stand......and it wont warp if you get it wet.....

My 90g stand was fabricated from 2" x 1" tubing

There are pics & comments that go along with each pic in the gallery....

Once again, VERY NICE!!.... I till need to make a proper canopy for mine....

James