Observations

I have been a member of this bored for a long time now, I don't say alot but I do lurk, and find myself here almost every day just reading posts and trying to increase my knowledge. I just wanted to say that lately this bored has had a decidedly different feel. Like we are losing our feeling of community, flaming, sniping and taking offence to others, I am not going to point any fingers, but I think it is something that everyone can work on. Next time someone posts something that you disagree with how about you take a second to think before you reply. The Mods do a pretty good job of keeping things under control, but lets make their jobs easier and also make AA a better place to be. We are all here because of a common interest, and lets try not to forget that. We are supposed to be Friends.

Thanks.

-Jilly-

I'll second that. I do not care for people airing their problems with each other on the open forum. The pm system can be used for that.

There has been numerous disturbances on the forum lately, but we are all working on getting them resolved.

If you have any problems with anything please send on of the staff a P.M. and we will look into the problem. What ever it may be.

Murminator:

Thankyou for the kind words.

It nice to hear those from time to time.

I didn’t mean to imply that the Mod's were doing a bad job. You guys do a great job. Just stating that most of the issues on the bored could easily be solved if people thought about what they posted and stopped making everything so personal. It would probably make things easier for the Mod's as well.

Cheers to the excellent regulars here at AA.

-Jilly

Hey Jilly,

Thanks for the clarification. It is nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated!

As Jay said, we are working to resolve issues as efficiently as we can.

The bottom line is that if individuals continue to cause disturbances and, in essence, choose not to be a part of our "community" they will be removed from it.

The Aquatica staff share a common vision and we are not about to let a few "bad seeds" spoil AA for the other members.

Edited by Doc_Polit

Hey Jilly,

Thanks for the clarification. It is nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated!

The bottom line is that if individuals continue to cause disturbances and, in essence, choose not to be a part of our "community" they will be removed from it.

The Aquatica staff share a common vision and we are not about to let a few "bad seeds" spoil AA for the other members.

Well, I thought I was a pretty obsessive lurker, but I've managed to miss the bad seeds too, so clearly the mods are doing something right.

Go mods go!

I feel the need to chime in too. I haven't seen anything too nasty except one thread that went wonky. The mods on this site do one heck of a job and we need to thank them for their time and effort. This site is a wonderful place to meet and discuss. If you need info someone will give it. We have a wonderful little community here, and thanks to the mods it is being very well maintained. I'm a member of lots of BB's and this one and Canreef are by far the friendliest (sorry, had to include the other one). I see a common demoninator here, both are predominantley Western Canadian. I can't think of a single member on this site that wouldn't be welcome in my home, if you could find it out here in the sticks.

Big thumbs up to AA!!!

Huge Thanks to the Mods!!!!!!!

Thanks to the sponsors who help make it possible. Wish I could get to your stores more often.

Brad

And a special thanks to our members who help keep it running true to course as well.

I have noticed it's been quite quiet on the forum lately. Personally, I have been quite busy with school, and the computer is a big distraction, so I've forced myself to stay off it for most weekday nights.

Also I have not seen a large amount of posts that concern me at all, there are only a few sub-forums where I have experience (and even the experiences therein are limited) so I have stopped posting about "things I have read" and left it up to those who have experienced the stuff to give out advice, keeps the forum tidier IMO, and less waste of space and time.

And I have kept my nose out of the said arguments (however few they are), learned myself the lesson that I'd better stop and think first before I type out an ill-informed reply. I am especially grumpy lately because of the winter mornings, so I've tried to shut up :lol:

Thanks to the mods (and Admin) who warned me (when I needed it) and who continue to keep our community the best forum I've ever had the pleasure to be a member of,

Taylor

Hey Jilly,

I am a new member (only been here since end of November) but I have found the moderators do an excellent job and the members have been incredible. I have met 3 members in person and they were all great. I also lurk and have only seen one instance of "sniping" - excellent job!

This is the first forum I have been part of and I think everybody is grrrreeeaaatttt! :thumbs:

Thanks

Deborah