Rank your fish hobby

punman

Rank your fish hobby  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a hobby, where does tropical fish rank? I am not asking you to compare it to family, work, spiritual pursuits, and so on.

Simply as a hobby compared to other leisure activities, sports, collectibles, or whatever.

I know it could fluctuate from month to month. For example, I like camping and it probably takes precedence over my fish in June, July, and August; but try to make an estimate over a twelve month period.

It might be interesting to hear what your top three hobbies are to see if there are any commonalities among fish collectors.

My other main hobbies are photography, hiking, and gardening.

I am guilty of being a fishoholic. Even while shopping for groceries I'm in the produce checking out "what will the fish eat?", frozen foods"any nice frozen fish foods here?", non food items "how could I use this gadget in the fish room, a new gravel strainer etc?". Shopping for Christmas gifts for nieces and nephews I still bought things for my tanks, such as a ceramic buhda and live plants lol.

In the summer month I really love my gardening, photography. All year I do bingo. But my fish keeping is a daily joy.

Edited by Qattarra

I ranked it #1 because I don't have a garden right now so my tanks get all of my hobby energy.

When I have a house (someday) I will probably concentrate more on the garden. I also want to have a koi pond so perhaps I want to make gardening fishy too?

My husband is surprised. I often pick up a hobby and drop it after 6 months or so, he's proud I have stuck with this one.

I think I was just looking for the right hobby!

Edited by Terrie Lee

After skateboarding fish is #2 i used to be a bird person till by budgie past away kinda sucks but fish are fun too, I've been watching my puffer swim up and down for atleast 2 hrs trying to fall asleep lol.

My son is Number 1, he is kinda hard to miss especially when he hungry...

Some little rule about feeding childern..

This fish thing is pretty important to me, since even looking at a pic of someone else's tank calms me down at work...

Everyone needs something for themselves and mine happens to be my tank.

Even when it overflows and makes me late for the Christmas dinner at work, even when the arrowana bites me, doesn't matter.

And the stingrays don't talk back :shifty: