How to plug the hole.

Frank

Just to make sure I,m doing it right , Id like to ask other people how and what they have used to plug

drilled holes in there tanks. Have a 2'' drilled hole in a tank that I do not need and want to plug. And of course the tank came with the parts but like the fool I set them dowm to tie down the tank and forgot them. A long drive back to get them.

Have a part from the plumbers with a rubber seal on one side . Will this be enough. As for pressure on this it should only be

column pressure I think which should be around 1psi I think . Let me know if this is wrong. The tank is a 240 gal

96x24x24 Any advice would be great

Thanks

Where's the hole? Bottom of tank, back bottom, or back top? If it's top back, then you could probably plug it no problem teh way you're thinking. If it's close to the bottom, then I'd patch it w. a piece of glass.

With all of my drilled tanks I have just siliconed a glass plate over the hole on the inside.

Go buy a PVC bulkhead fitting, place it in the hole, tighten the threaded collar from the opposite side, then to seal the center, use a plastic NPT plug threaded into the center hole of the bulkhead fitting. You may find bulkhead fitting in the big box stores....but I would be going to one of the LFS's, or a place that sells hot tubs.....

HTH

James

Thanks guys. The hole is pluged. Did like you said james. All plumbing shops carry the bulkheads. Should be filling tonight.

Go buy a PVC bulkhead fitting, place it in the hole, tighten the threaded collar from the opposite side, then to seal the center, use a plastic NPT plug threaded into the center hole of the bulkhead fitting. You may find bulkhead fitting in the big box stores....but I would be going to one of the LFS's, or a place that sells hot tubs.....

HTH

James

yeah thats what i was tryin to say

:smokey: