New here

Dalray

Hello all,

Some about me: 26 male, reside south Edmonton, work in a warehouse in the winter and summer and race motorcycles out in Ft Sask, in the summer.

I am new to the fish scene here in Edmonton. I started out around 6months ago with a smal 20 gallon tank, and now went through 2 38 gallon tanks and im up to a 6ft one now. Its fresh water i know some will frown upon it but you have to start somewhere. i currently have 4 angel fish, 5 balas, 5 rainbows, 2 scissor tails, 2 rope fish, 1 I.D, 2 apple snails, 3 dwarf frogs, 5 cichlids, and 2 plecos. I am looking to maybe get rid of some of them or all and have a strict cichlid tank. I will be asking advice most of the time becusae im new. But i hope fo rthe best out of this site. I heard about it from Raymond Fong when i picked up the 5 cichlids the other night.

Some Q?'s to start.

Where do you get your fish locally?

Is there breeders her ein Edmonton>? Can you point me their way for cichlids?

Where is the best place to get a 230 gallon tank. ?

Is there any where to get help for a Salt water set up?

Is there a breeder for Sharks ( Salt ) here? or do i have to go to the states?

Any info is greatly appreciated, and thanks ahead of time.

Dalray

First of all welcome to the forum.

I shop Nature's Corner and sometimes Aquarium Enthusiasts.

Lots of breeder in Edmonton and area, I am currently breeding Geophagus iporangensis, angels, green severum, and will be breeding kribs again in the near future.

Aquarium Enthusiasts will be able to help you with salt setup.

:welcome:

Check the buy/sell forum for cichlids, and check out CanReef.com for Saltwater stuff.

Welcome to the club and it sounds like you are off to a good start, lots of helpfull peopple on this board and as it sounds you are finding that it is a hobbie that becomes an adiction very quickly (LOL)

Have a good one.

Scott and Pam