Hello

catshanon

Hi there,

I never knew that there was an aquatic forum in Edmonton which can be so helpful. I started out with a 10G tank which I got for free and then bought an used 25G and now I have a 30G !!! I just started up from last month, and my 25G freshwater planted has been running without fishes for a month now. The cabombas and myaca are doing great, as are the java ferns on a driftwood. I think myy crypts are dieing(had got them from Nature's Corner) as I don't see any growth in them. :unsure:

I had researched on the net before I started out, so I did fishless cycling on my 25G. I also plan to do that on my 30G. I would like to keep cardinals and rasboras and a betta in my 30G with plants of course... My plan for the 25G is to keep swords, mollies and angels.

I will be looking for some driftwood and lots of gravel for my 30G, so I will post requests in the appropriate sections later on.

Hope I can be of assistance to newcomers as i become more experienced with this.

Raj.

:welcome:

I'm new myself, and can definitely say this is one of the most welcoming and knowlegeable forums I've ever been part of. (And it's pretty cool that most people live close enough that we just may be able to meet someday!)

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum.

:welcome: Welcome Raj. I hope you enjoy this wonderful community.

May I make a suggestion? You may want to rethink your stocking of your tanks. Mollies, swords, and angels usually get bigger than tetras and rasboras. You may want to put the mollies, etc. in your 30G and your tetras, rasboras, and betta in the 25G.

Take care and as your tanks come together I would love to see pictures!

:welcome: to AA. Come to the ACE auction and meet some of us . :thumbs:

I would suggest that you would want to consider the needs of the mollies are a bit different from the rest. They do better with a bit of salt in their environment. They will be fine but you'll likely not see longevity and thriving from them. Swords, plattys,barbs and tetras look nice together, you may get some fin nipping from some tetras and barbs.

Hi,

Thanks a lot to everyone for their comments. I will rethink my stocking options. I would like to come to the Edmonton auction, but I don't know when or where it is being held. I had checked the calendar on the forum but there is no mention of the auction on the calendar. Hope someone lets me know, so that I can make it there.

Thanks a lot again.

Raj

http://www.fish-club.org/index.php

When: Sunday February 24, 2008

Deliveries: 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Viewing: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Auction: 11:00 AM - FINISH

Where: High Park Community Hall

11032 154 Street NW

You'll be interested in the BIG SHOW coming up on May long weekend too.

:welcome:

Don't worry about your Crypts. They take a bit to get used to their new environment. Just leave them alone, and in a couple months (after you've forgotten about them) you'll see a nice forest starting to grow.