colbalt blue zebra

rED O

What are they in with? Water parameters? Temp?How long have you had them ? What do you feed them?

they are with Pseudotropheus aceis, albino socolofi, Pseudotropheus estherae, Labidochromis caeruleus and a mix of other mbunas. nitrates 10. ph 8. nitrites 0. amomina 0.

i feed them halkari pellits, veggie flake, and brine and blood worms once every 2 weeks.

What does "act like a log " mean? Clamped fins? Color changes? Cloudy slim coat? Are you sure they are only getting picked on after starting to be sick or is being picked on making them sick? Bloated bellies? What is the time from starting to show symptoms to them being dead?

Most of the fish you mentioned are algae/veggie eaters... only the acei and yellow labs are planktivores, AFIK. You may want to cut back/out the bloodworms and BS.

He also said they are beaten up badly. So who is beating them up.????

If I have a fish that is getting beaten up , I find them dead most of the time..

May be tank mate causing the problem Not sure but may be something to check out.

Is there something else in the tank That you have not mentioned

I used to have 1M and 3F cobalts in a tank with lots of other fish. The males are real jerks. One by one all the females were killed off. He is still a bit of a jerk, but has calmed down with the rest of the inhabitants. It just seems that their conspecific behavior is really aggressive. HTH, Leon