How did Everyone do at the Auction?

NatureNut

Who can resist a good old fish auction. LOL Always get something that I end up saying to myself "now what ever possessed me to buy that?" Did buy the most amazing breeding pair of long fin albino bristlenose though. They made the whole day well worth it. Just on the spur of the moment I decided to buy some plants to try out in the big front tank so ended up with 6 bags of val and anubis. Then I got 3 synodontis eruptus. That all takes me back to the possession question LOL

The auctioneers and runners did a great job and kept things moving very well. Many thanks to them and all the other volunteers who put in an extra long day.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get the corydora sp. "black" that i went to the auction for. :thumbs:

I beleive this is the little fella you sought after. I got two lots of them at the ACE auction myself.

Yep, that's the one's i went for, now all i need is to find out who it is in Edmonton breeding them. :rolleyes:

Michael Pham from ACE.

Thanks to all the volunteers. great job...

i scored a king tiger pleco... 2 huge sword plants, harliquins,albino bn,

a hugemungus sword-- thanks kevin.. took a picture for you.

thanks Kelly for the awesome fish,

i wanted those black cories toooooooooo

tammy next auction is may long weekend in edmonton.. FYI

img8403largegz7.jpg

img8402largemb7.jpg

img8398largeqj2.jpg

warming up.

img8395largexr9.jpg

They look great in there! Lovely tank.

I had a good time too. I thought I might spend a little money but of course I spent too much :rolleyes: My "prize" of the day was 4 little crystal red shrimp. I have been wanting some of those for a looong time ^_^

I got the 55 set up there, 2 sevrums, some books, and 3 betta kits. I left up and I now know for next time to bring gas money to Calgay because they don't pay at the end of day like they do in Edmonton. :shock:

Connie, those swords look way better in your big tank than they did in my little planted 55. Just wait until they start getting their red highlights back (they went more green due to a couple of days with no light).

I went intending to sell more than buy this time around and I was very happy to see that the majority of my fish went to good homes. I can't believe that Frank did not show up to buy the female festae though. Only one guy bid on it and he got a steal at $20. I don't think that he knew what he had as he asked if he should house it with the electric yellows or his frontosas. At least it sounded like he will take good care of her.

I picked up a male/female pair of orange spotted bristlenose plecos (not silvertips), they were a sacrifice at $25 dollars (sorry to whoever sold them as they are probably worth $40). I also got a small silvertip male bristlenose to go with my two females.

The final pleco that I picked up is :shock: ugly. It was sold as a false zebra pleco but I don't think that is what it is. I am pretty sure it is Peckoltia vittata (Candy Striped Pleco) L015. If the seller can contact me and let me where it came from I might be able to learn more. I am also a little concerned as the fish appears puffy (probably fat or gravid, but possibly an internal infection), so some more information would help.

Finally thanks to Larry for the Acarichthys heckelii, I felt bad taking it for 2 dollars - but someone had to take it home. Maybe you guys have more experience with this fish than me, but I thought it was one of the top 25 lots in the auction.

Thank you for the ride Barb, let me know how changing the layout of your tropheus tank changes things.

Thank you to all of the volunteers. Again I am really glad that I made a special trip to Calgary for the auction. In the fall I hope to have Festae fry (unrelated parents), and who knows I may be pairing down my Tony Tan discus by then.

Kevin

WOW cheap festae.

i would of gave you 50 bucks for it Kevin.

But you only offered me $25.... :tongue:

You have enough monsters on your hands Quinn. I honestly can't see how you are taking care of them all with so many big fish shoved into your tanks. Not picking on you, I just don't think that female festae would have lasted long in that environment.

Kevin

pair of orange spotted bristlenose plecos

I'd love to see a pic of these.

I will borrow an SLR and get some pics up soon. I would love an L # on these. I have only seen the "orange spotting" once before and they were called "orange spotted" bristlenose. It could be very well that this name is not commonly accepted like the starry night or the silver tip, but I have had both of these types before and this does not fit. They are very similar to the starry nights in that they are solid black except for pinprick orange spots and there is not marking on the end of the tail or dorsal fin.

There are so many species of bristlenose, if you have any idea of a more specific identity I would love to hear it. I think I will try and breed these two.

Got 6 little l.multis. Would've missed the last two (wasn't paying attention) except I heard my name, and Christian staring at me (apparently I've been bugging him for shellies for a while) so I "had" to bid... :blush: :blush: Didn't see them till the day after I put their shell in the tank.. LOL

Also got my wife a small filter for her seahorse baby tank.

Had a great time, and got to see my buddies Connie and Sandy. Sat next to big Dave near the front, and enjoyed the antics of the auctioneers till we had to run along.

Thanks to all - great day!

Phil

Well I also had a great time. Met some nice people and put some faces to names. Had a good visit with Northranger and Fairdeal and Blue Ram.and a few other members. Came home with a very nice female Frontosa , who fit right into the group after tearing down the 240 and adding new driftwood and the new female. Also came home with a 80 gal and stand that I needed like a hole in the head, but the price was right. Parked in the shop beside the 140 that is waiting for me to do something with. ( HEY QUINN, WHY DON'T YOU THROW OUT THEM 10 AND 20 BABYS AND GIVE ME A CALL...LOL.. J/K )

Also came home with a glass top and a lite. All in use within 5 min,s of getting home. Also thank you to the members who sent fish to the auction for me to pick up and or trade for. They all made it home and are doing great.

Take care all and hope to see some of you soon

Frank