Plumbing Problem #2

Dalray

So i have everything plumbed, but now i have another issue. i need suggestions i am willing to try out almost anything.

the tank is 230 with 2 overflows, i have 2 inch ABS running from the bulkheads into a 90 Gal sump. and 1 1/2 running from the sump to the pump to the main tank again.

I had posted about a noise problem. the fix a Dorso pipe.

the new problem, is that it doesnt fit. the dorso pipe that my buddy wanted to set me up with is a 2 " design for flow. but we have the connector screwed to the bulkhead, and a 2 inch T section. and the 90 wont fit in the overflow with it. tried it with out a 90 like that and its still noisy.

then i tried the 2 inch connector to a 2 inch T that goes to a 1 1/2 intake and 1 1/2 air intake. the top is still capped. now i have run into the it wont take in enough water problem and i am forced to shut the tank down as it was going to spill over.

the new solution is taking just a straight pipe cutting slits into it and capping it. will i have the same problem with not enough intake?

Do i have to switch my 2 inch plumbing for something smaller as it sounds like there isnt enough water going through and sounds as someone is emptying a bath.

im sorry for all the questions and i know it may be frustrating for some because i post on almost the same stuff. But it will help me out in the long run and hopefully with someone else on here, in the future if they have the same problems.

Thanks again in advance, and advice or contraptions is very well appreciated.

Dalray

the new solution is taking just a straight pipe cutting slits into it and capping it. will i have the same problem with not enough intake?

Do i have to switch my 2 inch plumbing for something smaller as it sounds like there isnt enough water going through and sounds as someone is emptying a bath.

Try the slits, some things are just trial and error. Remembere that your pump will have a higher flow than your overflows, so you will have to find the happy medium.

im sorry for all the questions and i know it may be frustrating for some because i post on almost the same stuff. But it will help me out in the long run and hopefully with someone else on here, in the future if they have the same problems.

No worries, Dalray!

I am watching your threads carefully because I will soon be plumbing my sump with 2" drain and 1.5" return as well. Only difference is that I have 1 center overflow. I am hoping the Durso will work for me but it may interfere with my return line.

Just a thought... Could you plumb a small line (3/4 inch or so) into the suction line of the pump and have it go back in the pressure side. With a valve in this line you could re-circulate the water some of the water through the pump.

so i finally got the dorso tube done, it is alot quiter now that i have an engineer coming over to do some experiments, i will no longer have the sound of water draining from the tubes either. that sound drives me nuts.