best places in calgary to buy fish?

jf0019

Riverfront is excellant as well.

I was wondering the some of the best places in Calgary to buy fish and aquariums. We do Gold's and are big fans of Pices.

From my past experiences Gold's and Franco's are the best and the staff are very knowledgeable. Lately I have been purchasing from members of this site for livestock. Equipments prices and food prices are best at Gold's I have found. I stay away from the franchises (Dept store types) Check out the Livestock threads on here, lots of great quality, variety and healthy fish for sale right here!!

Elite, which is just off of Macleod south of Chinook Mall is always a must-stop for me when I'm up (if not the only stop).

Why go to elite when you can just go its mother store...Danny at Wai's owns elite. And if you are at wais you can go to ocean city as well.

Go to elite because Colby is a good guy and he will take the time to help you. I am a big fan of any of the independent's except for Pisces (shudder). Any one at Gold's, Riverfront, Elite, Franco's or Wai's definitely care about fish. If you go in and ask them for recommendations, you can't go wrong.

Kevin

I actually like pisces for some things, they do sometimes get some good fish in we can't find anywhere else. And sometimes they will have good sales on. I also know they have some really nice fish at imperial aquariums off 36st NE too. I have to say I like golds almost the best, and riverfront aquariums would be next. They both know quite a bit about fish, and can often have rare to find fish. Golds as well has great prices on food.

Elite, which is just off of Macleod south of Chinook Mall is always a must-stop for me when I'm up (if not the only stop).

Why go to elite when you can just go its mother store...Danny at Wai's owns elite. And if you are at wais you can go to ocean city as well.

Wais is salt water stuff only, Elite carries fresh water stuff as well. Also agree that Colby is one of, if not THE best guy to deal with in town.

if its africans your after, golds hands down. best selection and prices. riverfront is a close second. riverfronts the best place to buy a BIG tank, ALMOST downright cheap

I totally agree, or if you want to buy discus, they have them there quite often, and they are soooo much cheaper to buy there than anywhere else, and they grow their own live coral :shifty: