Cherry Shrimp Price

seajays

I"ve seen them at stores for 3-5$.

I sell mine for around 2$-3$ea, with the more you buy the cheaper is it. The ones I've sold at auction usually get 20-24$ per bag of 10ish(usuallya couple more as its hard to count them)

Edited by degrassi

I always sold mine @ $3 ea, giving a few extras, and some plant (Java moss, Najas sp. etc).

• 1 month later...
Nice shrimp... Thanks alot John : )

Now to find a new housnig for the betta, keeping him in a approx .5gal container for now.

On the topic of bettas, will bettas find the redness of the cherry shrimp to be a threat and attack the poor buggers? Would hate for that to happen.

It depends on the temperment of the betta. Some can't be kept with shrimp as they eat them, Some will pick at a shrimp untill it dies and some will just chase them around if they see them out swimming without doing any damage.

I had a betta in a 20g heavily planted tank with some cherry shrimps. The only time I saw him trying to eat them is if the shrimp swam out into the open, otherwise the betta didn't notice them.

I always say if you want to add cherry shrimp to a tank with fish, to test it out first with some ghost shrimp. If they eat ghost shrimp then they will eat cherries. Also make sure you have lots of plants and hiding spots of the shrimp.

• 3 months later...

We put some with our crown tail betta and he could care less, they sit in the open all the time with no worries at all. The one's we put in with the splended I don't know how they are I can not see them very well against the pink rock... the splended is more agressive so he could of eaten them, or they could just blend in and I can not see them.

We have with the crown tail, severl cherry shrimp (thanks val) and one otto. The other betta we have snails, and cherry shrimp. the crown tails tank is 5gal the splended's is 4.6 gal.

Lana