Best place to get sand

gordo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know if your fishies are a smaller crew than the one in my 72 the sand is nice, really like it look of it. I am finding that with my big guy and the giant kitetail poop maker that my 7" pleco is, it is hard to clean the tank without sucking tons of sand up, not to mention "Bruno" likes to do the rock shuffle

Awesome, is it larger grains? I am using a playsand right now and not to mention the Awesome pieces of manz wood from patrick, tank looks icky..Need to boil this weekend and get new substrate myself!

Thanks for all your reply's, i went to Home Depot in hopes of buying some sand but all they had was the blue and red play sand. So i went over to Totem and they had some regular play sand there. It looks great in my tank! Not that much dust at all... It is the first time that i am putting sand in any of my tanks, so we'll see how it goes. :thumbs:

Thanks for all your reply's, i went to Home Depot in hopes of buying some sand but all they had was the blue and red play sand. So i went over to Totem and they had some regular play sand there. It looks great in my tank! Not that much dust at all... It is the first time that i am putting sand in any of my tanks, so we'll see how it goes. :thumbs:

LOL, Blue, like real blue???

Hmmm... may have to try some with my smaller cichlids (less mess than Bruno) I think using that and mixing in a bit of white aquarium gravel.

The last time I went to Home Depot in the south end they did not have Target Playsand anymore. It had been replaced with Quikrete Playsand, which also is a great, but slightly finer mix. Just like Target, it's not dusty att all and only requires to be rinsed a few times.

The last time I went to Home Depot in the south end they did not have Target Playsand anymore. It had been replaced with Quikrete Playsand, which also is a great, but slightly finer mix. Just like Target, it's not dusty att all and only requires to be rinsed a few times.

Yeah thats the stuff i got. The Quikrete Playsand. :thumbs: