tanks... are you ever happy????

Erin

Yup i've got it too. Although still in the preliminary stages as compared to most of you (still small tanks). Started out with a 1 gallon beta and a 3 gallon eclipse planted. Took those down and got a 6 gallon planted, then 2-5 gallons planted. And i just can't stop. I'm having a 50 gallon custom made right now. I only live in an apartment so i'm going to ditch the TV and stand and put that in its place. oops, and i forgot about the 30 gallon that i bought in the meantime to play with until my 50 comes. I think i have a problem.

I can see that i'm different here too.

I would ideally prefer 1-2 tanks.

With one tank, i can give it my dedication, that way it can become really good, instead of focusing on one tank and ignoring the other ..

But in ways of tanks go, i started with a 2g hex, then moved up to a 10g, then up to the 33g, and then later on a swiped a small 2.5g for my room.

I got bit by the MTS bug too. I always want bigger tanks, but considering the species of fish I keep I need bigger tanks. The biggest one I have right now is 120, but soon that will be too small for the CA's that are in it, and would really love to get a 300 for them. Honestly I would also like to have fewer but larger tanks. I used to think my 90 gallons looked big, but seeing some of the tanks at work I am jealous and mine all look small lol. Currently I have 19 tanks running, far too many to allow me to have a life haha. If I could I would get a few 200+ gallon tanks, then have a few smaller ones for breeding or for smaller fish. But right now I am stuck with mostly smaller tanks :rolleyes:

When I got my 90 gallon tank a few years ago it was the largest tank I had ever had and I thought it was huge. Now that I have a 180, the 90 just seems average. I have 5 tanks running at home at the moment and I don't want any bigger tanks.

It bugs me that I don't have a Big tank.... I drool over the 125 at work... Once I do get it... and I will once we buy our house.... I going to put the 10 away and use the 20 as a sick tank. That way I can "borrow" an idea from a guy I met once. His sick tank has white gravel with a red + in it... i thought that was awesome!!!! LOL Right now I'm looking at just keeping my tanks happy and the way I like until I get my house and then Big tank.