tanks... are you ever happy????

Erin

I was just stitting here looking at my tank and I remember when I first got it almost 2 months ago and I thought it was awesome... I still do... but Am I the only one who gets a bigger tank then the last and wants a bigger one... then gets one after a few months wants a bigger one and so on and so forth? I'm happy with both my 10 and 20 gal as well at both my betta tanks... but I want bigger and better every time! Its driving me crazy to wait 4 years until we buy our house to get my 150gal.

Erin

LMAO

Welcome to the Multiple Tank Syndrome...no?

I know I am currently trying to convince the hubby I NEED BIGGER (Tank that is :D)

I have a version of the multitank syndrome... I originally had a 10g, and upgraded it to a 55g. I added a 65g this year.

The odd part is, I don't want a bigger tank... I want several 20s! :rolleyes: Since I think it would be easier to breed certain species I like in them, but they just don't get along in a community tank when breeding.

Anyone else have this version of multitank syndrome?

I do. I have 8-10 tanks with the largest being 29 gallons. I enjoy setting up 10 - 20 gallons and getting them " balanced" with fish and plants. Just set up a 10 gallon and am watching the plants get going. My xmas present to me may be a 2 gallon with shrimp. Having many smaller tanks gives me more options when my fish aren't getting along or getting along too well(breeding). However, I don't keep many cichlids, lol!! We all have our different ways of keeping fish.

I keep getting more and more tanks, at last count I have something like 55, starting at .5 gallons goiing all the way up to 230. I still think that my 230 is too small and I haven't even set it up yet since it won't go down the stairs to my basement. I don't think I will ever be 100% happy with tanks, if you I am I will have a lot less work since I won't be changing things all the time. :smokey:

Same here . Find my 240 too small now and want a bigger tank. Got rid of all the small ones , as I found they were alot more work than keeping a big tank. Still have a couple

of 33 gal but grow from there.. Just want biggere and bigger tanks....lol

I'll never forget sitting at my table looking at the 50 gal we had in the kitchen and saying to my wife, "Man, that tank looks small!" And her reply to me, with all sincerity was, "You know, even the 135 is looking small..." LOL

I remember when my 35 was "big"!

LOL WOW this topic grew fast! I asked my dad today if he had the same problem before he gave it up and he agreed too. There is a VERY VERY Yummy 125Gal in cherry wood at PetSmart that I would love.... Its long... about as high as a 20 and SUPER SUPER LONG!! I always drool as I pass it. It comes with gravel and filters and some other stuff for like $1485.99. Pretty much everything but plants and fish come with it. *drools*

I know what you mean. I started off with a 90 gallon that I bought from a friend with 4 blood parrots. Then I bought a 72 gallon seamless, then more and more. I had 16 tanks all going at one time from 5 gallons to the 90 gallon. I have since downsized and and down to 10 tanks with one of them a grow-out/quarantine tank. I am getting an 180 gallon on Monday but then I will be taking down a couple more tanks so back down to 10.

My MTS and Size issue is curbed by the fact that my Landlorn says NO MORE TANKS. I'm in a basement suite so no issues there but what they say goes so i'm hiding my new one in my bedroom. *i'm a BAADD Girl. But i really wanted to keep my Jewels breeding and in their own tank too. The only problem now is what to do with my beloved Koi since they have sort of outgrown my 40 gal and it's the biggest tank i have. (they are now at 6 inches each). Currently I have 2 15 gal tanks 1 with Mr Blue in it and the other Full of guppies and plants. 1 20 Gallon Currently Housing 3 electric yellows and 2 Eureka Red peacocks. 1 30 Gallon that has just been blessed with even more baby jewels along with their parents and siblings not to mention the three pleccos as well. (I love my window washers) and of course my 40 gallon Koi Tank that i personally think looks the best out of all my tanks.

Merry Christmas everyone

L

My expierence is simulars to Rays..... I started out with small tanks / probably had 15 or so before I started changing out a few smaller ones for larger.... this is what I wound up with 150/75/55/60/50/33/33/20/5 I find this a little more managable... but I am always thinking about the next big tank and how I am going to get it into my house.... However this is what my wife will do to me if she finds another tank without her knowledge and approval :chair:

I'm different.

I have 5 tanks and that's more than enough for me. I wouldn't even mind getting rid of 1 or 2 of them.

I did upgrade alot over the past year or so 33 ->55 ->180. But I still have em all plus a 10 and a 20.

Boom :boom:

They do grow and multiply, but I've found as my interest in fish changes, so do the tanks I need (want?). I currently have 4-20's sitting empy, along with a 45, 55, 10, and 5. Rather than the 16 tanks I had setup when I was breeding cichlids, I find I'm switching to larger tanks for rays, and finding that even the 2-130's I have are starting to seem small compared to my 230 and 200. Right now I'm trying to decide whether or not to re-seal on of my 130's that needs it (water in one of the side seams when it was set up), or just tear it apart and use the glass to build 2-3 more 200 gallon+ tanks. Ideally I'd like to have only a half dozen tanks setup, with my 2-130's (if I don't tear one apart) used as growout tanks for rays. Funny how things change.