Paralabidochromis chromogynos

patrick

It's been a while since I posted any pictures of my dominant male. Yesterday I captured this picture right after an intense battle that he had with his own son! Big daddy won this one but from the looks of it his son will soon outgrow him, and then we might have a power shift :boxer:

chromo0061-750@.jpg

That is one amazing chromogynos! He is very stunning, how about pics of his son? :D

Thanks everyone :)

That is one amazing chromogynos! He is very stunning, how about pics of his son? :D

I don't have a recent shot of his son but he looks very similar :)

I don't have a recent shot of his son but he looks very similar :)

Gezzz Patrick ... no recent picture.... gawd :rolleyes: LMAO old daddy there is a very beautiful male. Keep up those amazing shots!

• 2 months later...

So the powershift finally happend. The son is now the king of the tank.

Here is a picture of him and you can see that he's been fighting. Very similar looking to his father but slightly bigger. As you can see I have also changed the name from Paralabidochromis chromogynos to Paralabidochromis cf. chromogynos, Zue Island. Apparently these are from Zue Island which means that they are not the same fish as Greenwood originally described. The specimen collected at Zue Island have slightly different dentation.

chromo0064-750@.jpg