500 gallon ( the build with lots of pictures )

rED O

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s actually a really good idea, Dustin you should totally do that.

IT's actually NOT a really good idea. I could see this as a course of action if the store had a history of this sort of behaviour or was defrauding customers.

I'm assuming no money has been exchanged at this point so there is no actual obligation on part of Aquagiant (if a deposit was put down, launch a complaint if it is not refunded).

The other point being that the glass was considerably cheaper than other vendors. You can't exactly indict a company for not being able to deliver when the competition charges so much more. I'm sure it would have been nice if they could have undersold the competition but they weren't able to do so.

It's time to move on to another store, not attempt to sabotage their business.

Looking forward to seeing the completed tank.

I completely agree with BooUrns. With Aquagiant, as with many many other "budget" stores of all types, you get what you pay for. You were expecting promp service and a quality item at a greatly reduced price. It just doesn't work that way. There is a reason that the other places are so much more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Dustin, I do a bit of business here and there with Crystal Glass on Fort Rd. They have always been good to me. Have you priced them out? Worth a try IMO.

Good luck geting this thing done.

Boom :boom:

How's it coming rED did the glass make it and did you find the camera cord?

I found the camera cord but my dad took the camera to the lake :(

the glass should of been here on the 15th and they have no idea were it is. So I am going to go somewhere else.

I don't want this to be slander, but if you want your glass before your 98th birthday order glass from somewhere else :rolleyes:

I orderd the glass in december...

The biggest problem is not with Aquagiant. It is with the supplier. They bring in all of there products from China and so forth. When an order is put in from another country/province, They will hold that order until such time as they have at least a 20 ft. sea can full of product for that store in that city/province/country before shipping it.(boils down to cost, It would probably cost just as much to ship that one piece of glass as it would to ship a whole container). I have'nt seen anything new hit aquagiants shelves for a while, so it could be another month or another year before that piece of glass gets here. It kind of sucks because you're waiting for glass to finish your tank, and your fish are cursing the builder because they want there house.

I am still trying to figure out how a tank can be done without any glass for the front of it?

tank is done. I would post pictures of our amazing lid idea shifty.gif and how great it is but i lost the cord to the camera and I don't have a place to put the memory stick into. The glass should be here tomorrow and we are getting it coated as soon as the guy can fit us in. I will post pictures later.

That`s actually a really good idea, Dustin you should totally do that.

paul you just want my tank faster -roll-

a member here ( fish4fun ) has a wearhouse in Calgary were he has glass. He has the sheet I need and not as cheap as aquagiant but $270 is a still a great price.

I am getting my money back from aquagiant tomorrow and I am getting the sheet from fish4fun.

He is in Calgary but my dad is going threw calgary at the end of may and is bringing it back for me.

Paul: you will get the tank before the end of may

Ray: I am sorry I did not call today, but I forgot :bang1: my bad. I will give you a call first thing tomorrow and we are getting the glass from you.

everyone else: thanks for all the great advice. This tank has been a fun project. I will update pictures when my dad gets the camera home and we finnish it.

thanks

I completely agree with BooUrns. With Aquagiant, as with many many other "budget" stores of all types, you get what you pay for. You were expecting promp service and a quality item at a greatly reduced price. It just doesn't work that way. There is a reason that the other places are so much more expensive. You get what you pay for.

Dustin, I do a bit of business here and there with Crystal Glass on Fort Rd. They have always been good to me. Have you priced them out? Worth a try IMO.

Good luck geting this thing done.

Boom :boom:

Thanks Ryan. Crystal glass was over $600 =|

After a long fight with David at aquagiant he finally gave my money back. He was so pissed at me he banned me from coming back. :rolleyes:

I waited 6 months, I was more then fair, right?

My dad is picking up a sheet 80''x 24 3/4'' at 3/4'' thick from fish4fun here on aa. I am getting this sheet for $290.00. For a 3/4'' sheet that large thats a great price. I would recommended buying from him because the price is right :thumbs:

I will keep you guys updated.

Guest Master of Puppets

Oh no banned from a store with crappy service that makes aquagiant number 2 on your list from being banned from a petstore isnt it?

After a long fight with David at aquagiant he finally gave my money back. He was so pissed at me he banned me from coming back. :rolleyes:

I waited 6 months, I was more then fair, right?

My dad is picking up a sheet 80''x 24 3/4'' at 3/4'' thick from fish4fun here on aa. I am getting this sheet for $290.00. For a 3/4'' sheet that large thats a great price. I would recommended buying from him because the price is right :thumbs:

I will keep you guys updated.

Just for the avoidance of doubt you paid upfront, waited 6 months asked for your money back and then they banned you.

Hmmm, apparently there's NO recession at Aquagiant !!

Thay can afford all the bad publicity and then ban a loyal customer (waiting 6 months seems pretty loyal to me).

UP side is you are getting the glass soon and were all really excited about you finishing the project :thumbs: (Obviously you are too)

can't wait for the photos when its finished it's going to be FANTASTIC!!!!

Felix