500 gallon ( the build with lots of pictures )

rED O

.... You're not worried about the quality of the glass coming from Aquagiant? There's got to be a reason if the glass is that much cheaper than from anywhere else. ....

Yup. Might be a real scary example of "you get what you pay for".

I personally would not cheap out on the glass. But to each his own.

Best of luck Dustin.

Boom :boom:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great build and will look great when it's done. The only thing I wonder about also is the glass. With all the time and effort put into this if your budget could be expanded to make the glass starphire. I'd hate to see you regret not doing it a couple months down the road. I'm kinda in the same boat with my acrylic for my tank. I can go with an 8' x 4' window for $700 but I'm holding out to try and find a 10' x 4' window which will be about 2000+. But it would piss me off down the road being that 2' short so I'll wait till I can find one.

I think this is a great build and will look great when it's done. The only thing I wonder about also is the glass. With all the time and effort put into this if your budget could be expanded to make the glass starphire. I'd hate to see you regret not doing it a couple months down the road. I'm kinda in the same boat with my acrylic for my tank. I can go with an 8' x 4' window for $700 but I'm holding out to try and find a 10' x 4' window which will be about 2000+. But it would piss me off down the road being that 2' short so I'll wait till I can find one.

well. you never know what this glass might be. we are taking a gamble here with cheap chinese product. I hope its better then what the worth was.

update??

tank is done. I would post pictures of our amazing lid idea :shifty: and how great it is but i lost the cord to the camera and I don't have a place to put the memory stick into. The glass should be here tomorrow and we are getting it coated as soon as the guy can fit us in. I will post pictures later.

wow!!!this a wonderfull tank...awesome!!have a good job

How's it coming rED did the glass make it and did you find the camera cord?

I found the camera cord but my dad took the camera to the lake :(

the glass should of been here on the 15th and they have no idea were it is. So I am going to go somewhere else.

I don't want this to be slander, but if you want your glass before your 98th birthday order glass from somewhere else :rolleyes:

I orderd the glass in december...

Just a thought but have you thought about calling the trouble shooter on global? That way they may help you get the glass from them at the quoted price and get it righ away.