500 gallon ( the build with lots of pictures )

rED O

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone for the kind words :thumbs:

sic tank dude, but how are you going to get that monster in the house and down the stairs?

the stand comes apart in 2 pieces. and we will have .5'' on each side to get it in the house and down the stairs ;)

Get this thing up and running and were going to have to set up a trip to edmonton and one back to calagry to check out a few of use big fish keepers tanks. I'm in for a trip.....i'll have to get the wife a day at the spa or somthing but its worth it...lol. How much longer till the glass comes in.

Guest Master of Puppets
Get this thing up and running and were going to have to set up a trip to edmonton and one back to calagry to check out a few of use big fish keepers tanks. I'm in for a trip.....i'll have to get the wife a day at the spa or somthing but its worth it...lol. How much longer till the glass comes in.

Him getting the glass at all seems like it will never happen, aqua giant keeps delaying the day it comes in.

Him getting the glass at all seems like it will never happen, aqua giant keeps delaying the day it comes in.

yeah, I know they do... If they don't have it buy may 15 I am buying a sheet of acrylic, but dose silicone stick to acrylic?

that would be cool

:thumbs:

we are promised may 15, and now they said maybe another week. If it dose not come in may 15 I am buying a sheet of acrylic.

yeah, I know they do... If they don't have it buy may 15 I am buying a sheet of acrylic, but dose silicone stick to acrylic?

Read Johnptc's thread on his tanks on mfk for the proper silicone and primer. It has a long cure time for it. Also when using Acrylic you need to have 2.5 tmes the thickness of the acrylic for support around the acrylic window. Also google cyro aquarium thickness calculator to get your thickness yoy need.

Zavlar bonds to wood and acrylic and itself.

Read Johnptc's thread on his tanks on mfk for the proper silicone and primer. It has a long cure time for it. Also when using Acrylic you need to have 2.5 tmes the thickness of the acrylic for support around the acrylic window. Also google cyro aquarium thickness calculator to get your thickness yoy need.

Zavlar bonds to wood and acrylic and itself.

maybe I just might get glass then...

Doesn't a glass shop around town have a piece of glass for you instead of ordering it? like a window shop or somthing? Isn't there a guy up there who makes tanks? i thought i had heard there was ask him for a piece you could buy.

Doesn't a glass shop around town have a piece of glass for you instead of ordering it? like a window shop or somthing? Isn't there a guy up there who makes tanks? i thought i had heard there was ask him for a piece you could buy.

yeah but they don't have the size we need. The reason we have been waiting on aquagiant is they have there glass for $110, every other place is like $500 or more.

What size of glass do you need? Did you try canam on the southside? Go straight there and cut out the middle man.

I called 8 places, the next cheapest was aquarium illusions at $455

Great looking setup. You're not worried about the quality of the glass coming from Aquagiant? There's got to be a reason if the glass is that much cheaper than from anywhere else. Good luck getting it into the house too; 1/2" of clearance on each side might not be enough if there's any imperfections in the finishing of the stairwell.

It'll be a great home for your rays once it's completed either way.