Zebra Pleco's!!!!

dk77

Very nice... hope it turns out you got a pair!

If you get the opportunity with these guys, you should try to knock out their normal growth gene and limit their size to only an inch or two. You could write a new masters thesis on "the cutest pleco ever".

They are beautiful, you must have paid an arm and a leg... zebra's are soooooooooooo expensive..

I certainly hope you have apair, apparently South America is banning shipment of wild caught out of the country for most or all plecos currently and the zebra pleco habitat is in danger. Or so I have read!

Good Luck with them :thumbs:

Thanks for the comments guys :) These are by far the best looking fish I have had to date! It was a real stress test when I put them in the tank, think it took me a good hour to uncross my fingers. A pair would be fantastic, you can't see in the pictures, but I did get 3 of them so Im thinking one male and two females would be nice.......:). Going to be a long time before I find out though, think it's at least two year before these guys will even think of breeding.

Hehe I like the idea Oneiroid, if only I could convince the government to pay me to work on zebra pleco's....

I have heard the same as you BlackMumba, is a shame whats happening to their habitat. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to help them recover.

Shipments of wild caught specimens have started again.

Wow, this is fantastic news!! I can only assume their numbers have increased in the wild in order to open up wild caught again!! Maybe the prices for them will drop too soon...

:thumbs: