calgary fall auction date

Hey all,

Calgary Aquarium Society has set it's date for September 27th. I know my good friend Werner will help us all out by giving the address and more details. So start breeding those fish and plants so there's lots of goodies for us to buy. I have started a tip jar by my desk so I can buy all those fish and plants to complete my life,lol!!! Contributions to help my MTS glady accepted, LOL!! Hope to see you all there!!

Is anyone interested in a carpool since I can't afford the gas all on my own.

(I reserve the right to say no to anyone due to safety reasons No offence meant)

L

Is anyone interested in a carpool since I can't afford the gas all on my own.

(I reserve the right to say no to anyone due to safety reasons No offence meant)

L

Details at www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com . Am hoping to see a good bunch from other locations in alberta!!!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, am working at bringing some neat stuff from across Canada for this auction. I already know at least one of our sponsors will be there and hope to see more!!! So check your couches for change and inspect your tanks for extra fish and plants and mark that date on your calendar!!

If we may have stuff to donate - who do we contact?

Thanks- we love donations! If you're coming to the auction, just bring it along. Donations should be marked as lot #999 (or #998 if you want to designate the proceeds towards expanding the most excellent CAS library.)

Can't make it to the auction? Fire me a PM and we can arrange transport.

More details...

If you wish to sell items at the auction:

Contact Ward at waysmeans@calgaryaquariumsociety.com to get a vendor number. CAS members are allowed up to 25 lots; non-members up to 10 lots. Please fill out a vendor form with your item descriptions and have it ready prior to the auction start.

Label your items with your vendor number and item number (eg. 14-01, 14-02, 14-03, etc.)

Please label your fish, plants, etc. with their scientific name, common name, number of specimens, sex, etc., so that it's easy to tell what is being bid on. Equipment should be clean and in working condition, or clearly marked otherwise.

***Fish must be bagged properly (no ziplocks) or you will incur a re-bagging fee.***

Item proceeds are split with 70% going to the seller and 30% to the CAS. Cheques for the sellers' earnings are mailed out following the auction.

If you wish to buy items at the auction:

Show up, look at the items, wave your hand in the air. You can pay for your items as you win them, or run a tab and pay at the end of the day. Either way it's CASH ONLY. There's a bank machine across the street if you need it.

Your purchases are your responsibility. Make sure you're able to care for any fish you win, and transport large items like tanks and stands.

More auction rules and fish bagging guidelines should be up on the CAS website shortly.

Oh yeah... There are raffle prizes and silent auction items too...

Okay, I have got one supplier confirmed. She makes homemade "critter crumbs" that are a hit with my BN's and snails. Also good to support the "little guys" so come to the auction and get some!!

I am bringing in fish that refuse to stop breeding...they're worse than rabbits! But I only get 10 lots so i'm going to have to be very very careful...lol

I haven't gotten around to paying for a membership yet...lol I know i'm bad! Soon though!! I can hear ya now fishclubgirl...lol Just teasing ;)

But I only get 10 lots so i'm going to have to be very very careful...lol

I haven't gotten around to paying for a membership yet...lol I know i'm bad!

What?!?!?!? There's always next Monday's club meeting to get your membership in order. Then we can nominate you for a position on the Board too. ;)

hahahahahahaha...hummmm ;)

Boy with the discounts at the LFS and the extra lots in the auction, that membership will pay for itself in no time. Also there's snacks at board meetings and Werner bakes a mean cookie!!