EBJD/Regular JD lays eggs!**Free swimming!**

fatpuffer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Does he have any deformities or "beakface"? I would love to get people breeding this fish here in Alberta.

Js

I don't think he has deformities...what is beakface? I'll look for it.

How big is your EBJD...I am curious to know at what size they can breed at.

Edited by guzookeeper

rED_O: Blue gene JD looks just like any regular JD. Some breeders say that it has more blue spangles but I have seen some that looks just regular JD. THe only difference is that they carry the blue gene so when you breed to blue gene together, you get roughly 25 percent EBJD and if you breed the blue gene with ebjd, you get 50 percent ebjd.

guzoo: beakface is when the the ebjd looks like it has a snout...elongated face is the best description I can think of.

Js

The fry are getting bigger. They are currently eating bbs (frozen) and powdered NLS. When do ppl. start culling fry? Anybody else have EBJDs out there?

Js

I would grow them out till you can separate males and females then keep the strongest females for breeding with other EBs.

Edited by ihavefish

Hey I was just wondering if the EB was a sex linked gene and by that I mean, can you have females exhibiting the electric blue...or are they always just carriers?

I hear you talk about keeping the female blue genes and breeding them to male EBJDs, but what about breeding the male blue genes and matching them up with female EBJDs? Just wanted some feedback on that concept.

Hey I was just wondering if the EB was a sex linked gene and by that I mean, can you have females exhibiting the electric blue...or are they always just carriers?

I hear you talk about keeping the female blue genes and breeding them to male EBJDs, but what about breeding the male blue genes and matching them up with female EBJDs? Just wanted some feedback on that concept.

I have never seen much success with EB female X BG male. Female EBs are weaker and less commonly found but they are around.

I have never seen much success with EB female X BG male. Female EBs are weaker and less commonly found but they are around.

Oh, thanks.

Hey all! I am back at home. The trip was cut very short. Anyways...good news bad news. Good news...the fry are getting bigger! Bad news...I am down to about a quarter of the amount of fry. Unfortunately, they were not fed daily so only the strongest and fittest survived.

Js

Sounds like you needed a cull, anyway. :)

Edited by jvision