EBJD/Regular JD lays eggs!**Free swimming!**

fatpuffer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fry will be regular colour jd with the blue gene...blue gene jd. You will need two blue gene jd to breed and produce about 25 percent ebjd. If you have ebjd breed with blue gene jd...you will have about 50 percent ebjd. Blue gene jd is highly priced and "protected" by breeders. Very hard to find breeder willing to sell...usually they will trade with another blue gene to increase gene pool.

Js

• 2 months later...

Now I am jealous, one of my JDs died suddenly without warning. My other one is not spawning with the female I have for him.

It took a bit of time for my two to pair up. Just be patient. Out of 3 ebjd that I had...only this one survived. What is your set up like? I have my tank at 81-82.9 degrees (cool the water a little during waterchange), I added a 2 giant danios and 2 black skirt as dither and couple days later...eggs.

I have them in a 75 G tank, lots of nooks and cave like places. Temp is about 82, water changes once a week. Male is displaying (shaking at the female) and hanging out with female (she is larger than the male by about 30%). About four days ago I put in a young JD female who is about 50% smaller than the male. My thought was that would give him choices or spur competition between the females and one might just choose to lay. However the smaller female is picked on and lays in hiding most of the time. She is stressed so I might have to removed her.

I have a couple of electric yellows I could put in there...what do you think?

Dont put any africans...I find they are aggressive towards my breeding pair. I also slowly start feeding higher protein food. NLS and shrimps or krill the past few days as well.

When they initially paired, I had 4 females in the tank. I have two nice looking females left if you are interested.

Jonah

I'll keep your females in mind...where are you again?

I have been feeding them lots of maggots (high protien) they love 'em. I guess only time will tell. Thanks for the help.

Hey, is lip locking a good thing? My two started doing that today...are they fighting or courting?

admitedly I am not 100% sure she is a female. I am pretty sure, but not entirely sure. That might explain why they haven't spawned (ha ha).

Only time will tell I guess.