treating MTS with a larger tank?

Ishkabod

Hello. I would like to solve my MTS but i don't want to get rid of any fish. Can i go with A larger tank and cure my mts with that or has it been tried before and mts develops once again shortly after.

Thanks

L

Guest Master of Puppets

Actually I found that a 125g is a perfect size and I couldn't imagine getting anything bigger. I don't want anymore tanks I just need a feeder tank. I want to just keep changing what i keep in my 75g to keep the hobby fresh, unless I get an awesome fish or something I want to keep.

I remeber when I got my first "big tank". it was a 35 gal. Well, when keeping Apistos, 35 gal is pretty big! After several years, I went out and bought a 55 gal, and sold off most of my smaller ones. Now, 55 gal is a 'small tank'... and like others, I still have MTS w. bigger tanks. I had a 90 in the kitchen at one time and looked over at my wife and said, "You know, this tank looks kinda small." To which she replied, "Even the 135 in the basement is starting to look small." :w00t:

I didn't solve my MTS that way. I seem to like a variety of fish that are better off in separate tanks. Most of my favorite fish need different water parameters and wouldn't get along anyway.

Saltwater, goldfish, and small cichlids just don't get along!

You always seem to need just one more fry/quarantine tank!

Terminal indeed, If you can find one group of fish that can live together and you love more then any other , you might pull it off. :thumbs:

Good luck, I've got BMTS bad thought so it's hard to give advice. :smokey: and I seem to be setting up the little ones again , darn fry tanks.

Edited by Kraken

I've had MTS for 20yrs, and my wife just recently tried to cure me w. a bigger tank.... I did move fish from 2 tanks into a bigger tank, but then I went and set up 4 more in the basement! :P

MTS is contagious(look at all the victims in this group!!). Myself, I have small MTS and have nothing larger than a 29 gallon. I also have jar MTS and have over 90 bettas.(but a fishclubgirl can never have too many!!!) Once I start a new tank, the old tank can be used for something else.

I don't think you qualify for mts yet. You need more than 10 tanks I think :wacko:

Ummm some aren't listed cuz i have no more room at the bottom lets say.... now i have to count 13 or so... I might have missed one or two

Thanks for the input