Best food for Demasoni

robin

got that! I mean which NLS! I have a few different kinds of it here.......

RD might tell you differently but I find that the size of the NLS pellets is more of a factor than the type of NLS.

Having said that, I use mostly 1 mm Cichlid formula, grow formula for fry, and have used 3 mm size for larger frontosa and blue dolphins.

While there are subtle differences between a number of the formulas, I would agree, the pellet size is more important than the name of the formula. If you already have some 1mm pellets, there's really no need to go out & buy the Cichlid formula 1mm pellets.

While there are subtle differences between a number of the formulas, I would agree, the pellet size is more important than the name of the formula. If you already have some 1mm pellets, there's really no need to go out & buy the Cichlid formula 1mm pellets.

[/quote

I was waiting to hear from you too!!

Okay, well these fish came with "NLS Med. Fish Formula, 2mm sinking pellets". They seem to hold the pellets in their mouth for a while and then spit them out and make a real messy cloud and then try to eat up their spew.

I use for my community tank of rams, loaches, killi, congo's, glass catfish, cory's, etc......(rambling), anyways I use the "NLS Surface feeder formula .8mm semi floating" (they actually sink just as fast as the other ones)

The cichlids like the .8mm kind just fine, but the picture on the jar has angels, guppies, hatchetfish and the like. Sooooo can I assume that this will give them the proper nourishment until I need to go to henry for other stuff and then get some cichlid formula?

Thnx in advance!! Just want happy healthy fishies!!!

Robin

IMO 2mm is too large for demasoni, 1mm would be more ideal. (hence the reason why they mouthed the food, and then spit it out) The .8mm Surface Feeder formula is fine, just feed sparingly as that formula does have a higher protein/fat content compared to the Cichlid formula. A little goes a long ways.

HTH

Make sure there is lots of rockwork and they are overpopulated - perhaps with other mbuna that you like. IME demasoni are fairly aggressive toward each other, and with a small population it won't take long for a dominant fish to pick off the subordinates.

There is lots of rocks, there is no aggression, we have 13 left, but 4 are not looking well. HELP!

Water paremeters are all perfect, the tank is mature, one apple snail died as well, something is going on!

Edited by robin