My 90g Mbuna Tank Pics

chloeclose

I apologize in advance for the crappiness of these and for the hugeness of some as well... Still Learning!!! :wacko:

I still don't have my proper lights/canopy on yet either but I just couldn't wait anymore... plus I got a new image editor today that I wanted to try out. -ham-

Full tank shot, these are sooo hard to get!!! I'm also a little annoyed that the rocks that I bought specifically 'cuz they were black, are in fact NOT black!! I swear to God they LOOKED black outta the tank!!! :angry::lol:

fullfix.jpg

2melinrocksfixresize4.jpg

grouplabcenter.jpg

labfix.jpg

mel&labinrocks.jpg

melgood.jpg

melsfix.jpg

2zebras.jpg

goodzebrafix.jpg

All the fish are still pretty little... biggest are the Mel. Cyaneorhabdos with a couple around 2.5 inches... the biggest Red Zebra is just over an inch with the Yellow Labs somewhere in between... :wub:

Hope you enjoyed!! :)

Looks like a great selection of mbuna, Karen. You are going to need a fry tank in no time. The Black sand really brings out the colour in the fish. Are those aquaclear 500's in the back and an XP3?? Looks like lots of filtration :)

Thanks guys... I love this tank!! It is so active and fun to watch. :wub:

I also enjoy 'dancing' with the fish... :blush: They are just so responsive to my every move, I can't help it!! OK... now everybody knows how wierd I am!!! :lol:

You've got sharp eyes Ron!! That is indeed an XP3 and 3 AC's. May be overkill, but I just had the third one given to me so I threw it on... I know I'm heavy on the stocking so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Yeah, the fish DO look great in there don't they?:smokey: Many thanks to Kyle and Darcy and Chums for supplying such awesome fish!! I just wish those damn rocks were blacker... ah well. :rolleyes:

And Majestic Aquariums for the awesome stand of course!! :bow:

How the hell did you fit 3 ac's into that canopy? What combination are they? I know you can get 2 500's into the back. Maybe 2 300's, and a 500? Just curious.

Looks really good though. Nice to see a full size (height wise) 90 gal. Couldn't help but notice that SOME of the bow valley 90's these days are like 22" tall, instead of the full 24". Not sure why that is. Can't wait till Boxing Day Sale again @ Big Al's. We keep getting fliers every year for that sale, just never get the time to go.

Keep the pics coming!

Rob

How the hell did you fit 3 ac's into that canopy?
:lol:

I am MAGIC... that's how!! :P

Seriously though... you are exactly right, it IS 2 300's and a 500... but I think 3 500's would fit anyways.

Oh you want MORE pics??? OK you asked for it!! :lol:

2labsgood.jpg

2mels&lilzebra.jpg

I keep coming back hoping that there will be more picture added...

i PM African_Fever to see about purchasing some of those Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos, they are awsesome looking fish!

hope to see more pics soon!

I'm definetly using your tank as a starting point to aquascape my next tank or when i move.

keep those pics coming!! :thumbs:

nevchewy

Awww thanks Nev! :blush:

I hope you do get some of those Mainganos from Kyle, they are awesome!! :wub:

OK just for you... one more pic! :lol:

4labs&mel.jpg