Dry KNO3

timbruun

For those of you who buy dry ferts, can you by KNO3 dry? I went to all seasons and they had to mix it with water for me otherwise it was illegal to sell. Is that right? Or is it just because it was my first time buying...

I got it mixed 500g in 2L. So 0.25g/ml.

Edited by timbruun

Yeah, I went to All Seasons a few weeks ago to buy some Kno3 and they told me they would have to mix it with water as they can't sell it dry anymore(we might make bombs out of it,lol :boxed: ). They were able to sell me some dry as it was "from the old stock" but anything new will have to be sold mixed with water.

Does it have the same shelf life wet?

KNO3 (potassium nitrate) + S(ulfur) + C(arbon) = Black powder. That is why it is illegal at least in this part of the world and thank goodness. However, bird poo is a good substitute for KNO3, just not in the aquarium!!!

I believe you need a comercial applicator's liscence for fertilizers and not just a buisness liscence for lets say a landscaping company.

Edited by Ichthyosporidium

you can go to hunting stores and buy all different kinds of gun powder. all you have to do is write down a name on there list. they didnt ask for id, so you could write down any name.

i got my dry kno3 from plant grow place on edmonton trail, they had no problem selling dry fertilizer to me, i just picked some more up last weekend,