Anyone home from the Auction yet?

rjsomers

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the auctioneer topic: did they call each other in the morning to see what they were wearing??? :shifty: As for auctions, the clubs do have mini auctions at every meeting too.

But say if unwanted fish from both aa and ace members were pooled together between the months it may be good.

Please remember that only club members can sell at ACE auctions

Does ace actually breed or grow out any fish for auctions?

Personally I don't, but I can't say for sure about others. I think it's more a by-product of what we're doing in the hobby. At one time we had unlimited lots and there were a few of us who could put in 50 lots and not have more than 3 of the same item. Twenty lots is fairer to all club members.

Thanks for the response, the reason i said this in the first place is because i was unable to attend the last one and if you miss one its a whole year between auctions.

I feel your pain. There are many reasons to attend and become addicted to the auctions. I probably enjoy the fun and social aspect of the auctions the most. This is one of the reasons that a PA system is so crucial. It allows the auction to move forward and still allow attendees to mingle and chat quietly. If you do volounteer at the next auction as a runner it should allow other runners more time to socialize themselves.

I saw a comment about wild caught plecos having to be medicated, acclimated, etc. That is absolutely critical for their survival and I just wanted everyone to know that my wild caughts are definitely treated prior to being released for sale. They are medicated at the wholesalers when they come in and again when I get them. I also make sure they are all healthy and eating well - pellets, flakes, zucchini, etc. My Edmonton auction lot # is 188 so have no worries if you buy any of mine.

A tip of the hat to all the volunteers and auctioneers who do such a terrific job of keeping things running so well.

Thanks for the answers syno. Im sure if ace members bred nice fish(which im sure they would)and sold them say on their website occasionally, they would raise themselves some money. I just only buy my fish off fairdeal, or other collectors as I no longer want to damage my fish by adding store bought ones. It would just be nice if ace sold some collectively occasionally. (Especially if they are the right species and prices)Thanks for listening to my crazy ideas!!

I believe ACE has a buy/sell on their website for their members as does the CAS(which reminds me to renew my listing). Also find out who's participating in the club's BAP program to find out who breeds what. Great way to get some quality locally bred fish at a good price. Would be excellent to see the buy/sell forums used more often by both buyers and sellers.

i agree fishclubgal, the buy sell should be used more on the clubs websites. Like I said you can never have enough quality locations to purchase fish that were actually cared for and about.