ID Shark with my Arowana?

Just wondering if a 12" ID Shark would do ok with my 12" Silver Arowana? Anyone seen this before? I have a buddy that wants to give me his large ID shark.

I don't think a 120 is big enough for a 12" ID Shark - especially if it spooks. Is the Aro the biggest fish in your tank (I'm looking at your sig), if so, those other fish have a lot of growing to do yet, and will fill up that tank in no time.

Time to upgrade to a bigger tank!! :w00t:

I have kept ID's with silver arowanas before just fine. But I aggree with jvision you are going to need a much bigger tank to house all those fish. ID's can spaz out quite often and can go right through your tank and if not the poor thing will get damaged up pretty good, I have heard of them banging from side to side hard enough to kill themselves in a tank to small.

Good info! I'll keep away from the ID! My oscar is about 8", Frontosa is 8", and the pleco is about 7". My ray is only about a diameter of 6" now. I bought him at about 5", so he's still a little guy at the moment!

When the fish start to grow a little bigger, I'm going to a 180 Gallon.

Well here's the good news... I just picked up a 250 Gallon! haha. Now I'll have room for everyone when they're all grown up!

Now... where to put it....?? :boxed:

That is good news for all your fish but I must stress keep your eyes on that pleco! Your arowana will out grow that 250 though but not for a very long time, I suggest selling your old setup and buying an asian arowana they can live in the 250 for life.

Depending on the dimensions of the tank I'm sure the 250 gal will be just fine for a silver arowana....unless it grows into a monster. Most captive silvers are fine in a 250 gal. What are the dimensions of your new 250 gal?

You should have no worries then with a 8' tank. Considering that silvers only sometimes hit 4' in length. The 2' for turn around is a bit tight for the arowana to turn in but thats if it gets to be 4' of course. if it does then it would be happier with a 3' width.

But as for now a great tank!

I agree with the nice size tank and most silvers should be fine uless it turns out to be a real monster. I also agree with watching yur pleco with the rays i've heard stories of them eatting the outer disc's and slim coats. I have infact kept very large royal plecos with my rays over the years and just kept them well fed. Good luck is the tank drilled with over flow if not, do it asap those big fish with big appitites make big waste and i'm stll kicking my self for not putting and over flow with a sump in my 210 gallon.

Africans are most definitely not the fish too keep with them as you know now most dont get large enough for them not to be eaten. Although I have seen people with nice large groups of frontosas with there silvers and they do great! You just need to make sure the fish you get to go with them wont fit in there mouth and keep your arrows well feed.