zebra pleco question

darrin34

Yup thats thr price i was tlking about, good price comes with a good reputation as well. All in all breeding these guys seems to be a profitable thing to do. Too high of price and you price out most of your customers. Find that perfect price zone and those lil suckas will fly out your door.

yep it all comes down to price for me as well, if you wish to sell them when they are small, say an 3/4 inch or so for say 50 bucks it would be quick and profitable, or you could grow them out, which is a pain in the butt. Charge large money and have to deal with shipping and all that stuff. Personally I would do the fast easy come easy go route. Just my 2 cents

I know of at least one local guy who was selling 1"ers for $100ea a while back. Before they went on the ban list they were all over the city (at the good LFS, anyway) for $40/fish. I'd love to see those days again! I'm still kicking myself for not dropping a couple hun back then! :(