discus fourm?

You can discuss discus in the SA Cichlids forum, since a discus would be a SA cichlid. :)

I mean, if we have a discus forum, then we'd have to have a electric yellow forum (probably more people keep them than discus), and a wagtail platy forum, and a neon tetra forum... you get the point.

angie, I just want you to know that I think that your idea is a very good one, one that could benefit this board very much. I collect books and the Discus books and magazines that I have alone exceed a $1000 in value to replace brand new. There isn't a single fish book in my collection (and I have hundreds) that focuses on a single species of fish that is greater than the discus section, none even come half way close, and I'm not a discus nut. My point is, your idea is valid as discus, are the most writen about species of all time and comparing them to the fish they were compared to was kinda silly.

This board would do very well with a discus, an arrowna, and a stingray forum as well as the two others I mentioned, but as it is, the board is not set up this way. I am sure your opinion is valued and it's not the intention to brush you off like you have been. To be honest, and this is myself included, new people are usually the ones that come in and try to change things, but we really do not, at first, understand the undercurrent of how things flow here. Establish discus dialog in the SA cichlid forum and take it from there. If that takes on a life of it's own, then address the idea, if not, then it will fade away to what it is now and the board continues the way it does now and as it is intended to.

P.s. it's Evolution, BirdWater!

Things don't change because there are only a few of us with lots of life to live outside of AA. We try to keep it as simple as possible and live by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it philosophy"

Rays have taken over the Bottom of the Barrel forum, and Arrows pop up in the Oddballs/Preds forum. I can see a valid point for an Inverts forum - we'll talk about it.

Don't worry about it. We don't take it personally. :) We're in discussion about the inversts forum - other fish forums will not be added, tho.