Plans for a 33 gallon stand

fishforme

Good Morning,

My Dad has offered to make me a stand for my 33 gallon tank and has asked for plans on how to make it. ( he has no experience with fish/tanks but is an excellent wood worker ) Is there a web site with plans or do you just figure them out on your own. It is a simple enough concept but would just like to help dad out with the demensions and sizes and such. I would prefer a stand with shelves and doors underneath to hide all my fishy equipment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Andrea

That stand that Cate posted is solid. Just skin it in 1/2" plywood to hide the underneath parts, and add some doors. :)

Yeah I have a stand designed similar to that for my 180 gallon lol! If you look at my topic in general forum I have some pictures of me bringing it from its 1980s look to something more presentable! You can make them very pretty, I just finished my last coat of stain and have to do a little more work, but I'm almost complete and that design is very easy to make pretty lol.

Edited by CursiveDuck

You can usually find decent doors at Ikea, and if you look in their As Is section you might find a great deal. I didn't put any doors on my stand yet as it is in an inconvenient place atm but did stain it a dark mohogany and it look nice to me. ;)

Even still if your feeling you want something cut for you, you don't even need a saw, if you go to Rona (for sure) and Home Depot they have cheap wood there, and just bring the dimensions you need and they'll even cut em for ya. That's what I did, all I had to do was add the door handles, magnets, and hinges. lol I like hassle free :P