Stolen Tank Set Up!

Dalray

Hello, just would like to let you know of some thieves.

I recently purchased a used 120 with stand fx5 glass lids and t5 lights. I had it delivered to my place, but put in the back yard so i could go get my buddy for some help. I came home and the tank and everything is missing. If you see anything for sale thats similar please let me know. I have fish coming from Harold on the 18th and now my tank is missing and cant afford another set up.

Black stand

120 gal tall tank

FX5

glass lids

dual t5 lights.

Thank you in advance.

Dal.

Wow that sucks! You wouldn't think something like that would walk away. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Do you have pics? Dimensions or a discription you could share with us? Hopefully it gets found.

Edited by Jayba

That sucks. I tell u A SHORT story that may be relevant. back in late 90's I ordered a hks exhaust system for my car. this was a extremley good exhaust system and expensive. long story short after they installed it at their place and i went home. That night as i found out later, they came to my house and stole it right back off my car. haha maybe thats the case?>

that's absolutely cruddy!

i took a a quick peek at kijiji to see if the thief is trying to sell it already. nothing there yet that fits the description. will take a look at our local craigslist for ya too.

edit: nothing on craigslist.

Edited by BettaFishMommy

it was defiantly aliens that took it. they just lifted it straight up.

6 foot tank is perfect for holding most human specimens.

i dont see how a human could just come in, pick it up and walk away. even if there was 3 or 4 of them, its not a grab and go kinda thing, they'd need a truck or something to get it away

Edited by MarkoD

Ive heard of a local car stereo shop that will do alarms and full stereo installs...... Then go to the address left on the invoice at 2am and just take it back....

Its a crappy deal about the tank..... theres 2 or 3 120's on kijijji now?

Hope you find it.

That sucks. I tell u A SHORT story that may be relevant. back in late 90's I ordered a hks exhaust system for my car. this was a extremley good exhaust system and expensive. long story short after they installed it at their place and i went home. That night as i found out later, they came to my house and stole it right back off my car. haha maybe thats the case?>

• 1 month later...

im sorry for the bad luck and hope something came of it.

I do have to ask why you would have left the fx5 and the lights outside? wouldnt they have been easy to put in the door.. heck even the metal stand is easy to toss inside before you went and got the friend.

Im guessing I just missed something here..

First report it to the police. they might not have much time to spend on the theft but if things like this have happened before they can easily find a pattern and from there track down the theif and friends.

The fact that it was delliverd and they didn't bring it inside and then it was gone an hour later really seems fishy to me. Like you said it takes something special to move and load something like this.

With everyone on here watching and aware of the problem i'd be suprised if it went missing for long. If you have dimentions of the tank and possibly a description of any scratches along with the light type and everything.

Sorry to hear about this.

L

First report it to the police. they might not have much time to spend on the theft but if things like this have happened before they can easily find a pattern and from there track down the theif and friends.

The fact that it was delliverd and they didn't bring it inside and then it was gone an hour later really seems fishy to me. Like you said it takes something special to move and load something like this.

With everyone on here watching and aware of the problem i'd be suprised if it went missing for long. If you have dimentions of the tank and possibly a description of any scratches along with the light type and everything.

Sorry to hear about this.

L

i dont see dimentions and specific scratches proving its his rightfully his tank..

I didn't think it would but every little bit might help. If it is as i suspect(the delivery person stole it back) then they would probably try this scam again and if details can be collected then the Police might actually catch them. Also if it is possibly gang related then who knows a raid on a house or something might cause it to turn up and they would then have some idea as to who has claim to the tank and equipment. You never know and more info is usually better.

L