Hms From Big Al's

BettaSlave

I'm contemplating buying one, actually. For spawning.

Yes, they are indeed $50... but they're gorgeous. There was an orange marble melano the other day.

So what I'm wondering is, have any of you actually bought one? If so, any illnesses or parasites present?

The last thing I want is to buy a $50 fish (Yes, I know, that isn't that much... but I don't have very much right now) and have to treat it for parasites... 8/10 of the fish I buy already have parasites of some sort, so I'm treating quite a few bettas already.

I've bought quite a few bettas from Big Al's- a few dragons and a giant- none of which showed signs of parasites... but then one of the females I bought had tapeworms. So I suppose it's a 50/50 chance... :huh:

Edited by BettaSlave

PJS has some sometimes not as big but..thats better I think.

They are only 23.00 there.

In the summer I am going to try ordering some from the states or another province.

That is a half moon betta, distinguished by the 180 degree spread of the caudal(don't I sound smart, for once). Arovillage in BC gets in Atison bettas or you can try Betta Breeders Canada too.

I see I got confused by the S. I was going over a Asian wholesalers list and saw the half moons but couldn't find anything marked as HMS

Edited by JORG

Sierra- Really? Are you sure they're HMs? I bought a delta there and he was the same price, marked as a delta.

Fishclubgirl- I'd definitely order but don't have the shipping money...

Edited by BettaSlave

I know Big Al's in Calgary offers a discount to CAS members. Pretty sure that Big Al's in Edmonton does the same?? Any ACE members able to confirm..

Yep, BAs in Edm offers discount to ACE members - just show your membership card and get a discount.