Almond Tree

Baos

I planted it in a special filter I made, however when it grew big enough I completely submerged it and let it grow out of the top. It secretes a tree sap and the fish appear unaffected by it. (clown loach, corydoras,plecos)

To germinate this tree as I understand it grows along rivers, it needs to have water constantly flowing around it and through it. I used potting soil mixed with sand. I planted 6 seeds and two came up. This was my fourth attempt to germinate.

I planted it in a special filter I made, however when it grew big enough I completely submerged it and let it grow out of the top. It secretes a tree sap and the fish appear unaffected by it. (clown loach, corydoras,plecos)

To germinate this tree as I understand it grows along rivers, it needs to have water constantly flowing around it and through it. I used potting soil mixed with sand. I planted 6 seeds and two came up. This was my fourth attempt to germinate.

Are you talking about the almond trees that you eat almonds off of or something else?

you should post a picture of it. It sounds like a neat thing to have in a tank. I would suposed you would plant the unsalted variety. But i do love the chocolate covered ones. You should try that one next. mmmmm

But for real a picture would be cool :smokey:

By almond I presume you mean the plant producing Indian Almond leaves? Hmm, good and interesting idea, beats my paying 30$ for 300, buy the source. Where did you manage to snag these 'seeds' ?

By almond I presume you mean the plant producing Indian Almond leaves? Hmm, good and interesting idea, beats my paying 30$ for 300, buy the source. Where did you manage to snag these 'seeds' ?

Ah makes sense now. He posted it under the water cooler so I thought he was talking about something different.

Didn't really want to post pictures because it's kind of embarrassing burning the plants leaves on my light which is when I decided to submerge it.

The other plant (tomato) is technically this aquariums sole filtration system. 0% ammonia at all times just perfect for clown loach. Some sort of relationship with bacteria that holds the ammonia near the tomatoes roots.

02242011071.jpg

On this picture my pleco's strip the plant of bark. So far it has not had any negative impact on the tree.

02242011072.jpg

Ah makes sense now. He posted it under the water cooler so I thought he was talking about something different.

I'm willing to bet some mods moved it to the water cooler and then moved it back.

• 1 month later...

Dry 'em out and smoke 'em up! They remind me of my Grandpa's tobacco plants. :)