Where Can I Find Large Driftwood For Cheap ?

peckham125

If you can wait a little bit, the Aquarium Club of Edmonton is having their auction on the 20th I believe. You should be able to find some good deals there...plus it's nice to support the local club and it's members. If you're going to buy it anyways...you can check it out. You might be suprised how many people you'll meet and the amount of stuff to buy is awesome. Bring lots of money! ;)

If you can't wait, then you can either go out and find your own driftwood, clean it, soak it and hope it sinks, or buy it from the store...and be prepared for your water to turn pretty colors and have to do water changes all the time for a long time...lol.

Or do like Jayba says and just buy from this forum...there have been a few people selling driftwood here and there. ;)

Good luck :)

In my general experience for driftwood shopping, to find nice show quality pieces that are already safe for the tank. You generally aren't going to find them that cheap. If you ask some of the local fish store owners around they may be able to order you in a good piece, but large driftwood doesn't generally come cheap.

and when i post somewhere else i got moaned at !

I was the one to post under you equipment thread where you selling your 2 tanks, I did not "moan" at you one bit but point you in the right direction, I also informed you what you had to do to post in the classifed section. I don't feel that I was rude or out of place offering my help and information.

On a side note I have a peice of driftwood that is about 20 inches high 12 inches long and about 8 inches wide. It's in the shape of an upside down T. If you want pictures please PM me, and If you want i'm charging you double for the "moan" comment - That is if it's directed at me... haha

oh no wasn't directed at of course ! im just finding really frustrating not being able to use this site to its fullest.

also im not sure how to pm ? but i would like to see a picture of the driftwood along with a price thanks :)

thank you