Wadjya Git?!

jvision

I had a great time today chatting with a bunch of you guys! The Auctions haven't been a huge source of new stuff for me in recent years, and I didn't really get much this time. Mostly just made my wife happy by bringing almost all of my excess equipment (just like everyone else!). But what I did get, I'm really happy for!

Big thanks to Paul for pointing out the last group of Apisto agasizzii - I thought I had missed my chance when I had to go for lunch!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up two male dragon bettas, Echinodorus sp. 'Frans Stoeffel', a starter culture of vinegar worms, Mangrove killifish, a 5 gallon tank with filter in great condition, 12 gallon antique tank, and christmas moss.

so get this.... i picked up those 3 54w T5HO bulbs..... but they dont fit a standard 48" t5HO fixture.... they're an inch to long!!!

so i took appart the fixture and made it an inch longer :) love the color of the bulbs

oh and i got a bucket of crushed coral :) exactly what i was looking for

Edited by MarkoD

I wasn't sure how it was going tO be as it was my first one. But I ended up getting what I went for, six very nice yellow shrimp with one female berried. Java moss, star grass, trumpet snails and driftwood. I thought I saw you there jvision

I tried for some pleco caves, got some fish for the bf and ended up with nothing for myself, wahhhh... But dropped some bucks at Aquarium Connection for some plants I'd been looking for on Saturday and got some betta picta and Liberty mollies at Big Al's heading home. Had such an awesome time and a big shout out to ACE for putting this on!!!! The roads weren't great but it was definitely worth it :thumbs:

I was the moss and anubias power buyer. I also made a commitment to myself to buy that awesome piece of manzanita driftwood at all costs...Got it for 40$ :D It'll be the centerpiece of my 150 gallon vivarium. I'll make sure to post a picture on this forum down the road for you guys, so people who got outbid by me can at least see the magic I will do with it. It's the PERFECT piece for my plans.

Fun auction as usual. I'll make sure to be at the next one.

I almost bought a couple other things. "Going once, going twice..." I reach for my card, "Oh, someone else has bid!" Someone sniped a group of Philippine Angels and an RO Unit from me right at the last moment. :wacko:

I got sore feet from running! I should know better than to work the whole day like that, but it is fun to be a part of things and feel like you are contributing. The best part about being a runner though is getting an up close look at all the fishies!

I got a few HOB filters, 2 tanks that I don't need and should put in the Calgary auction (but probably won't!).

Did get the amano shrimp, with 2 of the 4 berried up nicely. Very excited about spawning these. I realy like amano shrimp.

There were about 12 billiion bags of cherry shrimp, and 25 billion bags of asolene spixi snails, which sold a lot better once people found out from me that they eat hydra.

As always, the ACE folks did a hella good job running the auction. Thanks for putting on a great work shop and auction!

I got sore feet from running! I should know better than to work the whole day like that, but it is fun to be a part of things and feel like you are contributing. The best part about being a runner though is getting an up close look at all the fishies!

Thats 2 of us my feet were little sore also ......Got a bag of guppy/endlers with a bonus shrimp for the office tank and a bag of corries i didn't need ....but wanted