Will These Work With My Water Quality?

somnio

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes thank you as I work at one but we don't sell the test solutions for hardness..besides I live an hour out of town and I'm not going to run in to do a water test at another location, I appreciate the suggestion but it won't help me. So what would help me is to know where to get the test solutions...

Calcium sulfate can be picked up at most hydroponics stores. Sometimes you can find it in the gardening section of Canadian Tire or Rona. It sometimes called gypsum.

K so I went out and got a liquid KH/GH test kit.. When I tested bottled water this is what I got for KH 4 drops to turn yellow and for GH only one drop to turn blue and for my tank water for KH I stopped at 26 drops it just kept getting a darker blue and for GH 3 drops to turn blue...so could you help interprate this?

K so I went out and got a liquid KH/GH test kit.. When I tested bottled water this is what I got for KH 4 drops to turn yellow and for GH only one drop to turn blue and for my tank water for KH I stopped at 26 drops it just kept getting a darker blue and for GH 3 drops to turn blue...so could you help interprate this?

on the paper that is in the box theres some math it is (drops) x 17.9= ppm so your kh is off the charts and your gh is57.3 ppm.

ok you have been dumping what in to your tank to buffer your PH? what is your tap waters PH? do you have any rocks you picked out of a river or not from a fish store in your tank? with your kh off the charts you will never change your PH. KH is a buffering capacity the lower the KH the easier to change your PH.

what is in your tank that is not fish? some thing is making your water vary hard. how often do you do water changes? how large is this tank? are you on well water? do you add any salt to your tanks?

the ph down would be acting as a buffer. read the package dose it contain any phosphates? witch product is it? i am reaching hear with this but the ph down could be killing your fish.

Iwould start doing by doing a 50- 70% water change and then 25% water changes 3 or 4 times a week till you have your fish tanks back on your tap water. do not add anything to your water besides prime. it might take 2 or 3 weeks to get your KH down even with massive water changes .

then star fresh you have something piloting your tank

Edited by laurensdad

I have nothing foreign in my tanks everything is from the pet store, in the tank that I'm testing is a 15 gal and then I have a 50 gal as well. Then only thing that I have been adding to the tank is pH down, and that would explain why it is not making a difference. I am using well water so that probably would explain why its so high.. Now the test kit says to use. Nutrafin KH booster..what do you think about this product? And by lowering the KH this will allow me to lower the pH?

I have nothing foreign in my tanks everything is from the pet store, in the tank that I'm testing is a 15 gal and then I have a 50 gal as well. Then only thing that I have been adding to the tank is pH down, and that would explain why it is not making a difference. I am using well water so that probably would explain why its so high.. Now the test kit says to use. Nutrafin KH booster..what do you think about this product? And by lowering the KH this will allow me to lower the pH?

9.0 ph is fine man. do you have a water softener on your well?? most likely uses some kind of salt might be from big county drilling or a different company? your well water gets pumped in to a perisher tank from the well then what else do you filter your ground water go though?

Edited by laurensdad

I'm actually no to sure, we use to run our water thru a RO filter, but I think we just run it thru a basic filter, we don't add anything to the water at all...

Are you able to test your water before it gos in to your filter set up? i am willing to bet there is some sort of softener. that is messing with your kh and gh

check out this web page big iron driling and see if anything looks like what you have

Edited by laurensdad