Lace Rock Or Texas Holey Rock In Edmonton

wmcinnes

There was a rumor several years around about a store called Bedrock (it's on Argyll somewhere between 86 and 99st) having THR.

If you find some let us know. Shipping is horrendous on Texas holey rock. I researched shipping a ton of it to Sask and the price was still to high to even get a few nice pieces for free. If I remember correctly it still worked out to bout $4 or $5 a lb and that stuff is heavy even with the holes. I got an excellent deal for a dozen nice pieces $300 from someone on this forum about a year ago but havent seen a decent deal since. You can get it shipped to say Montana for $3 us just check out ebay.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey, I know I'm resurrecting an old topic, but if anyone is searching for Texas Holey Rock, I may be able to help. Big Al's sells it for $5/lb. I found a guy in Texas who will ship it for $3/lb. I'm getting 150 lbs shipped this week, and will let you know how it turns out when I get it.

Did anyone ever check at Bedrock Supply? (mentioned earlier in this thread)

They sell all different stones and crystals at pretty good prices (when I was collecting crystals, it was always the cheapest place in the city) - might be a good place to check. Not sure if they'd stock THR, lava rock, etc though as they mostly focus on gemstones and the like. However, I have taken a walk through their warehouse, and know that they have a LOT of stock of plainer rock with aquarium hobby potential.

On the topic of DIY, and to agree with ckmullin: I bought a case of lava rock a long time ago. A drill and your imagination can work wonders too.

Edited by JayWho

• 2 weeks later...