Geophagus Spawn

Noodles

• 2 weeks later...

Well the male wasn't very good at doing his part as he had eaten the eggs in his mouth by the next day but the female is doing well!! Last night was the first time that i saw some fry out of her mouth, the egg sacks are gone now. Does anyone have experience with feeding the fry at this stage? As soon as I come into the room where they are all the fry are sucked back into the mothers mouth. If I crush some flake will the mother suck some up for the fry?

Using microworms or live BBS would be ideal - even daphnia nauplii. Something small that will swim around the tank a while is good. Other things that work well are large masses of plants, as the babies will pick at the microscopic bugs.

Using microworms or live BBS would be ideal - even daphnia nauplii. Something small that will swim around the tank a while is good. Other things that work well are large masses of plants, as the babies will pick at the microscopic bugs.

+1 on the brine shrimp or micro worms. I got microworms here if you want a starter culture.

Congrats on the spawn. I too am very jealous! How are those pretty blue fish of yours doing? Any fry yet? remember, I am first on your list (I think) Ha ha.

• 4 weeks later...

There are still quite a few, I'm guessing somewhere around 70?? They're really hard to count. I'll do that when they get a bit bigger when I'm putting them in a larger tank. This batch has been spoken for, but they just spawned again.....Today !!!!

Edited by Noodles