20G Long Iwagumi (Iwagumi Inspired Anyways..)

jeremoose

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm really bad with the fertilizing thing here. I've been dosing my planted 30g with Flourish Comprehensive. Is it possible to get all the nutrients you two have mentioned via Flourish products? Help me with my fertilizing routine, educate me a bit please. Would a routine like Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, and Flourish Comprehensive have me covered? Going the dry ferts route kind-of scares me.

They will have you covered, but with the amount of light you're planning on using, you'll end up spending a fortune compared to dry ferts.

They will have you covered, but with the amount of light you're planning on using, you'll end up spending a fortune compared to dry ferts.

I guess I'm really going to have to take the plunge into dry ferts, I will use up what I have for Flourish supplements then make the switch (that'll give me time to do some research as well).

Also, just picked this up to solve my filtration problem

fluval.jpg

How much did the regulator cost you? I'm just running a diy co2 system right now but I really want the paintball system

I paid 120$ US, shipped. That included an adapter so I can either run paintball tanks or a standard co2 setup.

With everyone showing off their sweet tanks, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Maybe I gotta set one up again....

I would point the filter output forward; that will help circulate water thru the whole tank instead of pushing filtered water directly toward the intake.

Looking good! :thumbs:

I would point the filter output forward; that will help circulate water thru the whole tank instead of pushing filtered water directly toward the intake.

Looking good! :thumbs:

Good call! I'll be adding a powerhead to the equation too. I'm thinking the powerhead will point the same direction as the filter outtake is currently pointing and then point the filter outtake straight forward.

Also, any tips from anyone for not sucking shrimp up the intake? I was considering throwing a small sponge filter on it but not sure if I like that idea.

Edited by jeremoose