20G Long Iwagumi (Iwagumi Inspired Anyways..)

jeremoose

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's too slow - give it light, NO3 and CO2 and it spreads as well as many others. I love the leaf shape, and b/c of that it's my carpet plant of choice.

I've been reading more and more on Glosso.. Seems it might take awhile to fill in. I'm looking for some reasonably fast growing carpet plants now. I was thinking Dwarf Hairgrass.. Anyone used it as a carpet?

Ohhhhh I assure you it won't take long too carpet ! Like Jason said ferts and a trick I picked up from John " geleen " miracle grow sticks in the substrate .

Blake

I've been reading more and more on Glosso.. Seems it might take awhile to fill in. I'm looking for some reasonably fast growing carpet plants now. I was thinking Dwarf Hairgrass.. Anyone used it as a carpet?

Ohhhhh I assure you it won't take long too carpet ! Like Jason said ferts and a trick I picked up from John " geleen " miracle grow sticks in the substrate .

Blake

Is that so?? Well now that I know that it makes my decision even more difficult because I can't get Glosso where I live, just Dwarf Hairgrass. And I won't be up to the city for awhile.. *sigh*

So, as I mentioned earlier I moved to Dwarf Hairgrass since it's all I can get in town here. So tonight we broke it up into 1/2" x 1/2" segments and planted around an inch apart.

day1v.jpg

day11f.jpg

We were going to spread it out around the tank but we will just buy more and finish round it out. Let's hope we see some fast growth!

Edited by jeremoose

Looking forward to seeing more progess! Nice work so far

Thanks a lot! Tonight I moved the Tetras over as well as a couple of RCS that got scooped up with them.. I also happened to get a large quantity of Duckweed which the canister filter is now sorting out. Tomorrow I pick up my Tiger Shrimp and will provide some pics at that time. Tank looks a little too messy with all the Duckweed floating around not to mention a couple of pieces from other tanks I used to establish a bacterial colony.

Before I get my Tiger Shrimp tonight I thought I'd do a quick picture update.

Just yesterday I got the first half to my pressurized co2 setup (waiting on the tank):

78820842.jpg

Here's a full picture of the tank, don't mind the random floating debris and the duckweed clogged intake (being replaced by a fine-mesh aluminum intake made to not eat up my shrimp)... AND the thermometer sitting out in the open... AND the ugly heater dead center in the back (it will be replaced with a sleek, submersible heater in the near future)

99522566.jpg

And now pictures of the Neon Tetras as well as a few hitchhiker RCS, I just wish the RCS I accidentally scooped would've been some of the more colorful ones, ah well.

82845675.jpg

71343723.jpg

73427125.jpg

I will be following up tonight with some pictures of my new additions to the tank. No roots yet on any of the Dwarf Hairgrass but I'm hoping to see a little growth soon.

So I got all my pressurized co2 stuff in today and set it all up and I began to wonder if there's any reason I can't T off the co2 after the bubble counter (or before the bubble counter so I can add a second bubble counter) and run it into a second aquarium?

If you're going to run multiple lines, you'll want to run it in a loop so you get the same pressure at each split.

If you're going to run multiple lines, you'll want to run it in a loop so you get the same pressure at each split.

Ahhhh yes, good call. So one of those little valves designed for splitting air pumps won't do the trick for the co2 then?

459934947_o.jpg

Something like this I mean.