To Go Black Or Clear?

Silicone choices  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright...so i've go the glass to build myself a 6ft 150 gallon tank. My next decision is whether or use black silicone or clear. I've always used clear, but I like the look of black. I can certainly see where it might be a bit harder to get the perfect look...but wondering what you fine AA folks think.

I think that if your line waves at all, you will be pretty upset if its black since it will be more obvious. Clear at least it wont matter so much and will take on the colour of whatever is behind it (since its clear lol)

Do you often build your own tanks?

Edited by jamesbarr

I think that if your line waves at all, you will be pretty upset if its black since it will be more obvious. Clear at least it wont matter so much and will take on the colour of whatever is behind it (since its clear lol)

a tip. use painters tape for a line. will work work perfectly. :)

ya, I normally tape off the lines for the larger tanks...i'm kind of an A type personality...A for anal...lol

BTW Mr.Jorg...I'm putting you down for the CAS Home Tour right?! I think all of us would like to see the Blue Silicone you prefer! LOL

ya, I normally tape off the lines for the larger tanks...i'm kind of an A type personality...A for anal...lol

BTW Mr.Jorg...I'm putting you down for the CAS Home Tour right?! I think all of us would like to see the Blue Silicone you prefer! LOL

Wrong

If I ever get ambitious enough to do this I would probably go for a neon color like green and have it peep out around some chrome edging that would be attached to the outside corners of the tank if possible